Cheeky Sweet-Sour PorkChef Leslie Chan
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations
- 200g Pork loin (cut into 2cmx2cm cube)
- 30g Red onion (dice in cube)
- 30g Nectarine (dice in cube)
- 30g Green apple Granny smith (dice in cube)
- 30g Fresh Pineapple (dice in cube)
- 30g Red capsicum (dice in cube)
- 30g Green capsicum (dice in cube)
- 10g Spring onion (dice in cube)
- 150g Chinese donut stick (dice in cube)
- 1⁄2 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame Oil
- 1⁄2 tsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp Potato starch
- 1⁄2 tsp Chicken powder
- 1⁄4 tsp Custard powder
- 1⁄4 tsp Sugar
- Pinch Salt
- 2 each Egg
- 1 tbsp Water
- 50g Chinese cooked donut
- 100g Prawn meat
- 30ml Water
- 20g Sugar
- 20g ABC Sweet Soy Sauce
- 25ml Worcestershire sauce
- 120g White vinegar
- 120g Peen Tong (Chinese brown sugar)
- 80g Tomato sauce
- Few drops Food coloring (orange colour)
- Dice all the fruits and vegetables into cue and set aside.
- Combine all marinate ingredients and mix well with pork loin, keep in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Then coat pork loin with potato starch, deep fry in oil with 180 degree for 5 mins or till golden in
colour, set aside.
- Cut the Chinese cooked donut into 2 cm long, hand chop all the prawn meat by knife into mince mixture, season with salt and pepper, stuff the prawn mince into Chinese cooked donut.
- Deep fry the Chinese donut mixture in oil at 160 degrees for 3-4 mins or till golden in colour. Set aside.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat up the wok, add red onion, red capsicum, green capsicum, cook for 1 min.
- Add sauce in and cook for 30 secs in high heat. Adjust the consistency with potato starch.
- Add apple, pineapple, nectarine, cooked pork and Chinese cannelloni. Toss well.
- Garnish with spring onion and sesame seed. Serve with this cheeky sweet sour pork on a plate.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Rose.
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...