Cheeky Sweet-Sour PorkChef Leslie Chan
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations
- 200g Pork loin (cut into 2cmx2cm cube)
- 30g Red onion (dice in cube)
- 30g Nectarine (dice in cube)
- 30g Green apple Granny smith (dice in cube)
- 30g Fresh Pineapple (dice in cube)
- 30g Red capsicum (dice in cube)
- 30g Green capsicum (dice in cube)
- 10g Spring onion (dice in cube)
- 150g Chinese donut stick (dice in cube)
- 1⁄2 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame Oil
- 1⁄2 tsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp Potato starch
- 1⁄2 tsp Chicken powder
- 1⁄4 tsp Custard powder
- 1⁄4 tsp Sugar
- Pinch Salt
- 2 each Egg
- 1 tbsp Water
- 50g Chinese cooked donut
- 100g Prawn meat
- 30ml Water
- 20g Sugar
- 20g ABC Sweet Soy Sauce
- 25ml Worcestershire sauce
- 120g White vinegar
- 120g Peen Tong (Chinese brown sugar)
- 80g Tomato sauce
- Few drops Food coloring (orange colour)
- Dice all the fruits and vegetables into cue and set aside.
- Combine all marinate ingredients and mix well with pork loin, keep in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Then coat pork loin with potato starch, deep fry in oil with 180 degree for 5 mins or till golden in
colour, set aside.
- Cut the Chinese cooked donut into 2 cm long, hand chop all the prawn meat by knife into mince mixture, season with salt and pepper, stuff the prawn mince into Chinese cooked donut.
- Deep fry the Chinese donut mixture in oil at 160 degrees for 3-4 mins or till golden in colour. Set aside.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat up the wok, add red onion, red capsicum, green capsicum, cook for 1 min.
- Add sauce in and cook for 30 secs in high heat. Adjust the consistency with potato starch.
- Add apple, pineapple, nectarine, cooked pork and Chinese cannelloni. Toss well.
- Garnish with spring onion and sesame seed. Serve with this cheeky sweet sour pork on a plate.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Rose.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...