Cheesy Cauliflower BakeJoel Ferren
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 50g butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup Vanilla Ensure powder
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 180° C.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook cauliflower until tender, 6-8 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat butter in a pot over medium heat and once melted add flour and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and slowly add milk, stirring continuously to prevent lumps from forming.
- Return pot to medium heat. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Stir in grated tasty cheese and parmesan cheese and stir until smooth.
- Remove pot from heat and add Ensure powder herbs and salt and pepper, stirring regularly to avoid lumps.
- Add cauliflower to a baking dish and pour sauce on top. Mix well to combine.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and serve.
For more details on Ensure, go to ensure.com.au
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...