Chicken BiryaniMike Reid
- 500 Diced chicken thigh
- 800g cherry tomatoes
- 8 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 banana shallots, peeled and diced
- 25g coriander, plus 10g from serving
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 Small cinnamon sticks
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1tsp chilli powder (optional)
- 1 tsp ginger
- 100ml Olive oil
- 600g Basmati rice
- 600ml Chicken stock
- 100g Green Peas
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees
- Add your olive oil, chicken, onion, garlic, thyme, cinnamon and tomatoes to a roasting tray
and cover with foil. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and discard foil. Sprinkle over the rice and set aside. Increase the oven
to 220 degrees
- Add the rest of your ingredients with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 10 minutes still covered before adding the coriander for garnish and green peas.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Gamay.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...