Chicken BiryaniMike Reid
- 500 Diced chicken thigh
- 800g cherry tomatoes
- 8 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 banana shallots, peeled and diced
- 25g coriander, plus 10g from serving
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 Small cinnamon sticks
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1tsp chilli powder (optional)
- 1 tsp ginger
- 100ml Olive oil
- 600g Basmati rice
- 600ml Chicken stock
- 100g Green Peas
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees
- Add your olive oil, chicken, onion, garlic, thyme, cinnamon and tomatoes to a roasting tray
and cover with foil. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and discard foil. Sprinkle over the rice and set aside. Increase the oven
to 220 degrees
- Add the rest of your ingredients with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 10 minutes still covered before adding the coriander for garnish and green peas.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Gamay.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...