Chicken BiryaniMike Reid
- 500 Diced chicken thigh
- 800g cherry tomatoes
- 8 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 banana shallots, peeled and diced
- 25g coriander, plus 10g from serving
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 Small cinnamon sticks
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1tsp chilli powder (optional)
- 1 tsp ginger
- 100ml Olive oil
- 600g Basmati rice
- 600ml Chicken stock
- 100g Green Peas
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees
- Add your olive oil, chicken, onion, garlic, thyme, cinnamon and tomatoes to a roasting tray
and cover with foil. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and discard foil. Sprinkle over the rice and set aside. Increase the oven
to 220 degrees
- Add the rest of your ingredients with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 10 minutes still covered before adding the coriander for garnish and green peas.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Gamay.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...