Chicken Ceaser SaladBen O'Donoghue
- 2 heads of baby gem or cos lettuce
- 100gm crisp pancetta or bacon
- 1 cup of sour dough bread cut into cubes tossed in olive oil and toasted in a hot oven until golden and runchy
- 250gm roasted chicken
- 50gm parmesan cheese
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil plus extra for croutons
- Juice of one lemon
- 4 eggs coddled (place into boiling water for 3 minute then into cold water)
- 4 fillets of anchovies
- 1lg tbsp of Dijon mustard
- 1 cup of picked flat leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- To make the dressing, coddle the eggs by placing them into boiling water for 3 minutes then into cold water to chill.
- Crack the eggs and scoop out the yolk and white into a bowl
- Chop the garlic and anchovy fillets and add to the eggs along with a large tbsp of Dijon mustard.
- Add the lemon juice and whisk in a cup of olive oil. This will create an emulsion with chunks of egg white in it. Adjust the seasoning with salt and cracked black pepper. Chop the parsley and add half to the dressing
- Make the croutons, toss the cubes of bread in olive oil and season with salt and pepper placed on a tray and toast in a hot oven until golden and crunchy. Allow them to cool before using.
- Roughly cut the lettuce or break the leaves into a large serving plate. Generously dress the lettuce leaves with some dressing and lift it through the leaves then add the remaining dressing, scatter with the chicken, croutons and pancetta.
- Add the remaining parsley and shave the parmesan over the top.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...