Chicken Ceaser SaladBen O'Donoghue
- 2 heads of baby gem or cos lettuce
- 100gm crisp pancetta or bacon
- 1 cup of sour dough bread cut into cubes tossed in olive oil and toasted in a hot oven until golden and runchy
- 250gm roasted chicken
- 50gm parmesan cheese
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil plus extra for croutons
- Juice of one lemon
- 4 eggs coddled (place into boiling water for 3 minute then into cold water)
- 4 fillets of anchovies
- 1lg tbsp of Dijon mustard
- 1 cup of picked flat leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- To make the dressing, coddle the eggs by placing them into boiling water for 3 minutes then into cold water to chill.
- Crack the eggs and scoop out the yolk and white into a bowl
- Chop the garlic and anchovy fillets and add to the eggs along with a large tbsp of Dijon mustard.
- Add the lemon juice and whisk in a cup of olive oil. This will create an emulsion with chunks of egg white in it. Adjust the seasoning with salt and cracked black pepper. Chop the parsley and add half to the dressing
- Make the croutons, toss the cubes of bread in olive oil and season with salt and pepper placed on a tray and toast in a hot oven until golden and crunchy. Allow them to cool before using.
- Roughly cut the lettuce or break the leaves into a large serving plate. Generously dress the lettuce leaves with some dressing and lift it through the leaves then add the remaining dressing, scatter with the chicken, croutons and pancetta.
- Add the remaining parsley and shave the parmesan over the top.
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 packet Udon Noodles (Hakubaku brand preferred) 250g smoked trout, torn into bite-sized slices 200g mesclun or butter lettuce, roughly torn 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded, sliced 3 spring onions, thinly sliced 1 cup fresh...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you with the help from our friends at Velisha Farms 800g Doncaster & black Russians Tomatoes, chopped ½ Red Onion, thinly sliced 1 Tbsp vinaigrette 1 Lemon, zest 10g Wild Rocket Dressing: 200ml Early harvest Olive oil 3 Tbsp...
Ingredients: Makes 2 2 Tbsp olive oil 2 clove garlic, finely chopped 2 spring onions, finely sliced 1 green chilli, finely chopped ½ bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped ½ tsp ground turmeric 1 tsp chilli powder 1 tsp ground cumin 1 tsp ground coriander 4 Eggs,...
Ingredients:Serves 1 150g Wagyu Thick Skirt 1 Hens Egg ½ Tomato, Sliced Sprigs of fresh Watercress ½ Onion, Sliced & Sautéed ½ Tbsp Dijon Mustard 1 Tbsp Spiced Tomato Chutney 1 Medium sized seeded baguette cut in half Method: Grill the wagyu from room...