Chicken Fajita BowlsKhanh Ong
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- a pinch of chili powder
- 1 juiced and zested lime
- a pinch of salt
- 500g chicken thigh fillet
- 2 tbsp olive oil 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 small red capsicum thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow capsicum thinly sliced
- 500 ml Massel chicken stock
Corn and Coriander Salsa
- 2 corn on the cob, charred and cut off the cob
- ¼ cup perino tomatoes, chopped
- ½ lebanese cucumber, deseeded & finely chopped
- ¼ cup coriander, roughly chopped
- ¼ long red chili, seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 1⁄2 cup Massel chicken stock
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 cup couscous
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup toasted slivered almonds
- ¼ cup of chopped coriander
- ¼ avocado, sliced and fanned
To make the cous cous:
- bring the chicken stock, 1 tbs olive oil, salt, cumin and coriander seeds to a boil add couscous stir so it’s well coated in the stock and then cover and set aside to absorb for 10 minutes.
- add raisins, almonds and coriander then mix well.
- pour over the rest of the olive oil and mix again and set aside.
To make the Chicken Fajitas:
- combine cumin, coriander, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, lime, salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- slice the chicken into strips and toss in the same mixing bowl.
- heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan and cook the strips 2-3 minutes each side until golden and cooked through.
set all the chicken aside
- Add remaining oil into the pan with onions and cook for 1 – 2 minutes until softened add capsicums and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until softened. remove and set aside
- Pour stock into the pan to deglaze and reduce until you have about 1⁄4 of a cup of liquid left.
- Add the chicken and capsicum back in and cook for another 2 minutes then remove from heat and set aside.
To make the Salsa:
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and set aside.
Place couscous into a bowl, add the chicken over the top followed by coriander leaves. Top with salsa and avocado.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...