Chicken Fajita BowlsKhanh Ong
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- a pinch of chili powder
- 1 juiced and zested lime
- a pinch of salt
- 500g chicken thigh fillet
- 2 tbsp olive oil 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 small red capsicum thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow capsicum thinly sliced
- 500 ml Massel chicken stock
Corn and Coriander Salsa
- 2 corn on the cob, charred and cut off the cob
- ¼ cup perino tomatoes, chopped
- ½ lebanese cucumber, deseeded & finely chopped
- ¼ cup coriander, roughly chopped
- ¼ long red chili, seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 1⁄2 cup Massel chicken stock
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 cup couscous
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup toasted slivered almonds
- ¼ cup of chopped coriander
- ¼ avocado, sliced and fanned
To make the cous cous:
- bring the chicken stock, 1 tbs olive oil, salt, cumin and coriander seeds to a boil add couscous stir so it’s well coated in the stock and then cover and set aside to absorb for 10 minutes.
- add raisins, almonds and coriander then mix well.
- pour over the rest of the olive oil and mix again and set aside.
To make the Chicken Fajitas:
- combine cumin, coriander, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, lime, salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- slice the chicken into strips and toss in the same mixing bowl.
- heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan and cook the strips 2-3 minutes each side until golden and cooked through.
set all the chicken aside
- Add remaining oil into the pan with onions and cook for 1 – 2 minutes until softened add capsicums and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until softened. remove and set aside
- Pour stock into the pan to deglaze and reduce until you have about 1⁄4 of a cup of liquid left.
- Add the chicken and capsicum back in and cook for another 2 minutes then remove from heat and set aside.
To make the Salsa:
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and set aside.
Place couscous into a bowl, add the chicken over the top followed by coriander leaves. Top with salsa and avocado.
Ingredients: 100g glass noodles (bean thread vermicelli) 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced using a vegetable peeler 4 spring onions, thinly sliced on diagonal 2 eschalots, thinly sliced 1 cup coriander sprigs 1 cup flat-leaf parsley sprigs 1-2 small red chillies,...
Ingredients: 320g semolina plus a little extra 40g greens such as spinach or Tuscan kale Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sea salt and cracked pepper Pesto 1 garlic clove, peeled 20g pine nuts 50g wild rocket 25g parmesan plus a little extra Juice of 1 lemon Method: To make the...
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...