Chicken Fajita BowlsKhanh Ong
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- a pinch of chili powder
- 1 juiced and zested lime
- a pinch of salt
- 500g chicken thigh fillet
- 2 tbsp olive oil 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 small red capsicum thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow capsicum thinly sliced
- 500 ml Massel chicken stock
Corn and Coriander Salsa
- 2 corn on the cob, charred and cut off the cob
- ¼ cup perino tomatoes, chopped
- ½ lebanese cucumber, deseeded & finely chopped
- ¼ cup coriander, roughly chopped
- ¼ long red chili, seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 1⁄2 cup Massel chicken stock
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 cup couscous
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup toasted slivered almonds
- ¼ cup of chopped coriander
- ¼ avocado, sliced and fanned
To make the cous cous:
- bring the chicken stock, 1 tbs olive oil, salt, cumin and coriander seeds to a boil add couscous stir so it’s well coated in the stock and then cover and set aside to absorb for 10 minutes.
- add raisins, almonds and coriander then mix well.
- pour over the rest of the olive oil and mix again and set aside.
To make the Chicken Fajitas:
- combine cumin, coriander, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, lime, salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- slice the chicken into strips and toss in the same mixing bowl.
- heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan and cook the strips 2-3 minutes each side until golden and cooked through.
set all the chicken aside
- Add remaining oil into the pan with onions and cook for 1 – 2 minutes until softened add capsicums and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until softened. remove and set aside
- Pour stock into the pan to deglaze and reduce until you have about 1⁄4 of a cup of liquid left.
- Add the chicken and capsicum back in and cook for another 2 minutes then remove from heat and set aside.
To make the Salsa:
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and set aside.
Place couscous into a bowl, add the chicken over the top followed by coriander leaves. Top with salsa and avocado.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...