Chicken Fajita BowlsKhanh Ong
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- a pinch of chili powder
- 1 juiced and zested lime
- a pinch of salt
- 500g chicken thigh fillet
- 2 tbsp olive oil 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 small red capsicum thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow capsicum thinly sliced
- 500 ml Massel chicken stock
Corn and Coriander Salsa
- 2 corn on the cob, charred and cut off the cob
- ¼ cup perino tomatoes, chopped
- ½ lebanese cucumber, deseeded & finely chopped
- ¼ cup coriander, roughly chopped
- ¼ long red chili, seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 1⁄2 cup Massel chicken stock
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 cup couscous
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup toasted slivered almonds
- ¼ cup of chopped coriander
- ¼ avocado, sliced and fanned
To make the cous cous:
- bring the chicken stock, 1 tbs olive oil, salt, cumin and coriander seeds to a boil add couscous stir so it’s well coated in the stock and then cover and set aside to absorb for 10 minutes.
- add raisins, almonds and coriander then mix well.
- pour over the rest of the olive oil and mix again and set aside.
To make the Chicken Fajitas:
- combine cumin, coriander, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, lime, salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- slice the chicken into strips and toss in the same mixing bowl.
- heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan and cook the strips 2-3 minutes each side until golden and cooked through.
set all the chicken aside
- Add remaining oil into the pan with onions and cook for 1 – 2 minutes until softened add capsicums and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until softened. remove and set aside
- Pour stock into the pan to deglaze and reduce until you have about 1⁄4 of a cup of liquid left.
- Add the chicken and capsicum back in and cook for another 2 minutes then remove from heat and set aside.
To make the Salsa:
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and set aside.
Place couscous into a bowl, add the chicken over the top followed by coriander leaves. Top with salsa and avocado.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...