Chicken Fajita BowlsKhanh Ong
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- a pinch of chili powder
- 1 juiced and zested lime
- a pinch of salt
- 500g chicken thigh fillet
- 2 tbsp olive oil 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 small red capsicum thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow capsicum thinly sliced
- 500 ml Massel chicken stock
Corn and Coriander Salsa
- 2 corn on the cob, charred and cut off the cob
- ¼ cup perino tomatoes, chopped
- ½ lebanese cucumber, deseeded & finely chopped
- ¼ cup coriander, roughly chopped
- ¼ long red chili, seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 1⁄2 cup Massel chicken stock
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 cup couscous
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup toasted slivered almonds
- ¼ cup of chopped coriander
- ¼ avocado, sliced and fanned
To make the cous cous:
- bring the chicken stock, 1 tbs olive oil, salt, cumin and coriander seeds to a boil add couscous stir so it’s well coated in the stock and then cover and set aside to absorb for 10 minutes.
- add raisins, almonds and coriander then mix well.
- pour over the rest of the olive oil and mix again and set aside.
To make the Chicken Fajitas:
- combine cumin, coriander, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, lime, salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- slice the chicken into strips and toss in the same mixing bowl.
- heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan and cook the strips 2-3 minutes each side until golden and cooked through.
set all the chicken aside
- Add remaining oil into the pan with onions and cook for 1 – 2 minutes until softened add capsicums and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until softened. remove and set aside
- Pour stock into the pan to deglaze and reduce until you have about 1⁄4 of a cup of liquid left.
- Add the chicken and capsicum back in and cook for another 2 minutes then remove from heat and set aside.
To make the Salsa:
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and set aside.
Place couscous into a bowl, add the chicken over the top followed by coriander leaves. Top with salsa and avocado.
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...