Chicken Karaage Bao BunsMike Reid
- ½ tsp ground oregano
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp dried ginger
- ½ tsp dried cumin
- ½ tsp dried turmeric
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
Yuzu Kosho Mayonnaise:
- 100ml Mayonnaise
- Yuzu kosho 15g
- Season to taste
- 200g Chicken thigh
- 100g plain flour
- 100ml buttermilk
- 200g rolled oats, roasted and blended
- Oil for frying
- 6 Bao buns
- Pickled cucumbers
- Fresh coriander
- Combine all ingredients and lightly toast them off in a medium heated pan for 5 minutes
- Leave to cool and set aside until ready
Yuzu kosho mayonnaise:
- Mix ingredients and season to taste
- Place your chicken in the buttermilk and cover both sides
- Mix your oats and rice flour together before adding your chicken and coating well
- Fry in Vegetable oil until golden and crisp then leave on some drainage paper to absorb the excess oil
- Add your wasabi mayonnaise to the plate before adding your chicken on top. Garnish with the garlic crisps, chilli and coriander cress
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Gruner Veltliner.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...