Chicken Ma Po TofuBen O'Donoghue
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 250g beef mince
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Toban Jiang chilli bean paste
- 2 tablespoons dark soy
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Shaoxing rice wine
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 250ml Massel chicken stock
- 250g silken tofu, diced
- 1 spring onion, sliced on an angle,
- 1–2 teaspoons dark sesame oil, to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil in a wok and stir-fry the beef mince, stirring with a spatula until the meat is separated and cooked. Remove from the wok and drain in a colander.
- Reheat the wok and add the remaining sunflower oil. Add the ginger, garlic and chopped spring onions and fry for 2–3 minutes.
- Return the mince to the wok and combine. Add the chilli bean paste and combine. Pour in the soy sauce and rice wine and cook for 2–3 minutes.
- Combine the cornflour and stock. Add to the mince mixture to thicken and cook for 2–3 minutes. If the mixture is too thick, thin with a little water. Add the tofu and gently stir. Take care, as the tofu is delicate.
- To serve, place the Ma Po tofu in a serving bowl, garnish with the spring onion and add sesame oil to taste.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...