Chicken Rice Paper RollsMike Reid
For the filling
- 100g Carrots, julienne
- 100g Bean sprouts
- 100g Red onion shaved
- 50g Chili Julienne
- 100g Wom bok
- 1/4 bunch Vietnamese mint
- 30g Coriander
- 8 pieces Rice paper
- 100g Pulled roast chicken
Nouc mam cham dressing
- 100g Rock Sugar
- 100ml Fish sauce
- 100ml Lime juice
- 100ml Rice vinegar
- 100g Carrots, diced
- 100g Chili, diced
Nouc Mam Cham Dressing:
- Dissolve the sugar with the fish sauce and vinegar. Once dissolved remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add the remaining ingredients and store until needed.
- Place a bowl big enough to fit the rice paper in with cold water on your bench
- Submerge one sheet of rice paper in the water for a few seconds only before placing on a dry chopping board.
- Add your Vietnamese mint first, 2 pieces followed by your womb bok, chilli, onion, bean sprouts, carrots and coriander.
- Add your chicken last and season well
- Fold the top of your paper in first followed by the bottom and then the side furthest away from you before rolling in the final side making sure its nice and tight
- Serve at room temperature with your nouc mam cham
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Gris.
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente. In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...