Chicken Rice Paper RollsMike Reid
For the filling
- 100g Carrots, julienne
- 100g Bean sprouts
- 100g Red onion shaved
- 50g Chili Julienne
- 100g Wom bok
- 1/4 bunch Vietnamese mint
- 30g Coriander
- 8 pieces Rice paper
- 100g Pulled roast chicken
Nouc mam cham dressing
- 100g Rock Sugar
- 100ml Fish sauce
- 100ml Lime juice
- 100ml Rice vinegar
- 100g Carrots, diced
- 100g Chili, diced
Nouc Mam Cham Dressing:
- Dissolve the sugar with the fish sauce and vinegar. Once dissolved remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add the remaining ingredients and store until needed.
- Place a bowl big enough to fit the rice paper in with cold water on your bench
- Submerge one sheet of rice paper in the water for a few seconds only before placing on a dry chopping board.
- Add your Vietnamese mint first, 2 pieces followed by your womb bok, chilli, onion, bean sprouts, carrots and coriander.
- Add your chicken last and season well
- Fold the top of your paper in first followed by the bottom and then the side furthest away from you before rolling in the final side making sure its nice and tight
- Serve at room temperature with your nouc mam cham
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Gris.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...