Chicken Rice Paper RollsMike Reid
For the filling
- 100g Carrots, julienne
- 100g Bean sprouts
- 100g Red onion shaved
- 50g Chili Julienne
- 100g Wom bok
- 1/4 bunch Vietnamese mint
- 30g Coriander
- 8 pieces Rice paper
- 100g Pulled roast chicken
Nouc mam cham dressing
- 100g Rock Sugar
- 100ml Fish sauce
- 100ml Lime juice
- 100ml Rice vinegar
- 100g Carrots, diced
- 100g Chili, diced
Nouc Mam Cham Dressing:
- Dissolve the sugar with the fish sauce and vinegar. Once dissolved remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add the remaining ingredients and store until needed.
- Place a bowl big enough to fit the rice paper in with cold water on your bench
- Submerge one sheet of rice paper in the water for a few seconds only before placing on a dry chopping board.
- Add your Vietnamese mint first, 2 pieces followed by your womb bok, chilli, onion, bean sprouts, carrots and coriander.
- Add your chicken last and season well
- Fold the top of your paper in first followed by the bottom and then the side furthest away from you before rolling in the final side making sure its nice and tight
- Serve at room temperature with your nouc mam cham
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Gris.
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...