Chicken Rice Paper RollsMike Reid
For the filling
- 100g Carrots, julienne
- 100g Bean sprouts
- 100g Red onion shaved
- 50g Chili Julienne
- 100g Wom bok
- 1/4 bunch Vietnamese mint
- 30g Coriander
- 8 pieces Rice paper
- 100g Pulled roast chicken
Nouc mam cham dressing
- 100g Rock Sugar
- 100ml Fish sauce
- 100ml Lime juice
- 100ml Rice vinegar
- 100g Carrots, diced
- 100g Chili, diced
Nouc Mam Cham Dressing:
- Dissolve the sugar with the fish sauce and vinegar. Once dissolved remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add the remaining ingredients and store until needed.
- Place a bowl big enough to fit the rice paper in with cold water on your bench
- Submerge one sheet of rice paper in the water for a few seconds only before placing on a dry chopping board.
- Add your Vietnamese mint first, 2 pieces followed by your womb bok, chilli, onion, bean sprouts, carrots and coriander.
- Add your chicken last and season well
- Fold the top of your paper in first followed by the bottom and then the side furthest away from you before rolling in the final side making sure its nice and tight
- Serve at room temperature with your nouc mam cham
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Gris.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...