Chilli MusselsBen O'Donoghue
- 50g butter
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch spring onion, whites chopped, green tops thinly sliced to garnish
- 1 kg live pot-ready mussels
- 400g can chopped plum tomatoes
- 375 ml can of beer of your choice (two big gulps worth)
- 3 long red chillies, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander, to garnish
- Heat a heavy-based saucepan over medium high heat. Add the butter, and when it begins to foam add the garlic and chopped spring onion and cook over a high heat, stirring to prevent burning for about 2 minutes
- Add the mussels and stir well.
- Add the tomatoes, a good slug of beer and the chillies. Stir, then cover, and keep the heat high, give the saucepan a shake to move and open the mussels as they cook.
- When the majority of mussels have opened, spoon them out into a large bowl to serve.
- Bring the sauce to the boil and season with pepper and perhaps a little salt. Pour the sauce over the mussels and garnish with the spring onion tops and coriander.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Robert Oatley Signature Series Great Southern Riesling 2017 or Wignalls Cabernet Merlot 2018
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...