Chilli MusselsBen O'Donoghue
- 50g butter
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch spring onion, whites chopped, green tops thinly sliced to garnish
- 1 kg live pot-ready mussels
- 400g can chopped plum tomatoes
- 375 ml can of beer of your choice (two big gulps worth)
- 3 long red chillies, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander, to garnish
- Heat a heavy-based saucepan over medium high heat. Add the butter, and when it begins to foam add the garlic and chopped spring onion and cook over a high heat, stirring to prevent burning for about 2 minutes
- Add the mussels and stir well.
- Add the tomatoes, a good slug of beer and the chillies. Stir, then cover, and keep the heat high, give the saucepan a shake to move and open the mussels as they cook.
- When the majority of mussels have opened, spoon them out into a large bowl to serve.
- Bring the sauce to the boil and season with pepper and perhaps a little salt. Pour the sauce over the mussels and garnish with the spring onion tops and coriander.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Robert Oatley Signature Series Great Southern Riesling 2017 or Wignalls Cabernet Merlot 2018
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...