Chilli Non-CarneTobie Puttock
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 brown onion finely diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced 1cm x 1cm
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tsp. smoked paprika
- 425 g diced tomatoes
- tablespoon tomato paste
- 200 ml water, plus more as needed
- 425g cooked red lentils, drained
- 425g kidney beans, drained
- 425g black beans, drained
- Heat a large pot over a medium heat. Add the oil, onion, and red capsicum. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic, cumin, paprika, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and water, and stir to combine. Gently simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the lentils, kidney beans, black beans, stir to combine and gently simmer for 20 minutes to bring the flavors together, stirring from time to time.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. I like to eat this with avocado and roasted sweet potato.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Shiraz.
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...