Chilli Non-CarneTobie Puttock
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 brown onion finely diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced 1cm x 1cm
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tsp. smoked paprika
- 425 g diced tomatoes
- tablespoon tomato paste
- 200 ml water, plus more as needed
- 425g cooked red lentils, drained
- 425g kidney beans, drained
- 425g black beans, drained
- Heat a large pot over a medium heat. Add the oil, onion, and red capsicum. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic, cumin, paprika, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and water, and stir to combine. Gently simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the lentils, kidney beans, black beans, stir to combine and gently simmer for 20 minutes to bring the flavors together, stirring from time to time.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. I like to eat this with avocado and roasted sweet potato.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Shiraz.
Ingredients: 500g fresh broad beans, in their pods 3–4 small fennel bulbs 250g frozen peas, thawed and rinsed 1 red onion, finely sliced 1 cup dill, finely chopped 1⁄2 bunch mint, finely chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish 1⁄2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes Romesco Sauce: 4 large red peppers 2 garlic cloves 150g ground almonds 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil 100ml extra virgin olive oil 20ml apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp smoked paprika 1...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 1 cup Vegetable oil 4 eggs 3 lap cheong sausages, thinly sliced 2 Tbsp XO Sauce 100gm cherry tomatoes, halved ½ red onion, thinly sliced 1 green chilli, thinly sliced ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped Method: Heat oil in a wok over a...
Ingredients: ½ cup dried scallops ½ cup dried shrimp 300ml Shaoxing wine 6 long red chillies, roughly chopped 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped 1 head garlic (10-12 cloves), peeled, roughly chopped 2 large red shallots, roughly chopped 1 large rasher bacon,...
Ingredients: Filling: 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely 500g ricotta 1 egg 50g grated parmigiano cheese Sea salt Freshly cracked black pepper 1/3 nutmeg grated Sugo: 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 long red...
Ingredients: 100g butter 200g finely grated pecorino cheese Salt Black pepper, freshly ground Pasta Dough: 100g semolina flour 100g plain flour 80ml - 100ml water Pinch of salt Method: Make the pasta dough and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Cut the dough into long...