Chilli Soy RibsKhanh Ong
- 800g rack of pork ribs
- 2 long red chilli sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic cloves crushed
- 2 pickled onions crushed
- a small thumb size piece of ginger minced 1⁄4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup of white vinegar
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1⁄4 cup of water
- a tsp of salt
- 30g coriander
- 30g mint
- 1 cucumber
- 30g vietnamese mint
- 30g thai basil
- 1 lime
- handful of bean sprouts
- Combine all the ingredients except the pork ribs and blend until smooth in a food processor.
- Pour half the marinade over the pork ribs and pop into the oven for 1.5-2 hours at 150C.
- On a stove, cook the other half of the marinade for 3-5 minutes, until thickened.
- Cover the pork ribs with the cooked marinade and pop it under the grill function of the oven for 5-8 minutes
- For the salad, shave the cucumber with a vegetable grater into ribbons and combine with all other ingredients. Finish with lime juice and toss.
- Remove ribs from the oven and serve salad on the side
Ingredients: 100g glass noodles (bean thread vermicelli) 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced using a vegetable peeler 4 spring onions, thinly sliced on diagonal 2 eschalots, thinly sliced 1 cup coriander sprigs 1 cup flat-leaf parsley sprigs 1-2 small red chillies,...
Ingredients: 320g semolina plus a little extra 40g greens such as spinach or Tuscan kale Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sea salt and cracked pepper Pesto 1 garlic clove, peeled 20g pine nuts 50g wild rocket 25g parmesan plus a little extra Juice of 1 lemon Method: To make the...
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...