Chilli Soy RibsKhanh Ong
- 800g rack of pork ribs
- 2 long red chilli sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic cloves crushed
- 2 pickled onions crushed
- a small thumb size piece of ginger minced 1⁄4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup of white vinegar
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1⁄4 cup of water
- a tsp of salt
- 30g coriander
- 30g mint
- 1 cucumber
- 30g vietnamese mint
- 30g thai basil
- 1 lime
- handful of bean sprouts
- Combine all the ingredients except the pork ribs and blend until smooth in a food processor.
- Pour half the marinade over the pork ribs and pop into the oven for 1.5-2 hours at 150C.
- On a stove, cook the other half of the marinade for 3-5 minutes, until thickened.
- Cover the pork ribs with the cooked marinade and pop it under the grill function of the oven for 5-8 minutes
- For the salad, shave the cucumber with a vegetable grater into ribbons and combine with all other ingredients. Finish with lime juice and toss.
- Remove ribs from the oven and serve salad on the side
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...