Chilli Soy RibsKhanh Ong
- 800g rack of pork ribs
- 2 long red chilli sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic cloves crushed
- 2 pickled onions crushed
- a small thumb size piece of ginger minced 1⁄4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup of white vinegar
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1⁄4 cup of water
- a tsp of salt
- 30g coriander
- 30g mint
- 1 cucumber
- 30g vietnamese mint
- 30g thai basil
- 1 lime
- handful of bean sprouts
- Combine all the ingredients except the pork ribs and blend until smooth in a food processor.
- Pour half the marinade over the pork ribs and pop into the oven for 1.5-2 hours at 150C.
- On a stove, cook the other half of the marinade for 3-5 minutes, until thickened.
- Cover the pork ribs with the cooked marinade and pop it under the grill function of the oven for 5-8 minutes
- For the salad, shave the cucumber with a vegetable grater into ribbons and combine with all other ingredients. Finish with lime juice and toss.
- Remove ribs from the oven and serve salad on the side
Ingredients: 2 cup caster sugar 2 cups soy sauce 1 cup shao-hsing wine 3L water 2 inch piece ginger 8 cloves garlic 6 spring onions, 5cm batons 8 star anise 8 coriander seeds 4 cinnamon quills 4 cloves 2 pork trotters Method: Place an even layer of sugar in a large...
Ingredients: 2 cups of black-eyed beans 1 bunch of English spinach (or baby spinach, if preferred), Roughly chopped and thoroughly washed 6 spring onions, finely chopped 1 onion, sliced 1/2 cup of olive oil 1 tbsp white wine vinegar juice of 1 lemon a few sprigs of...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes and Big4 Holiday Parks Assortment of Sausages 100ml Mayonnaise ½ bulb of roasted black garlic ½ lemon juiced Long metal skewers Method: Grill your sausages on your bbq until...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian InspirationsSalmon: 200g Fresh Australian salmon, skin on, pin bones removed 50ml Vegetable oil Miso Glaze: 50g White miso paste 50ml Obento Mirin Seasoning 50g Sugar Togarashi Crackers: 1 each...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 brown onion, finely grated 2 cloves garlic, finely grated 1g saffron threads 400g Arborio Rice ½ cup dry white wine 1.5 Litres Vegetable stock 50g unsalted butter 125g parmesan, finely grated Method:...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...