Chimichurri by JeramiahJeremiah Jones
Makes: 1 Litre Approx
- 2 bunches Italian parsley
- 2 bunches coriander, roots removed
- 1 bunch basil, leaves picked
- 1 bunch oregano, leaves picked
- 1 bunch tarragon, leaves picked
- 3 shallots, diced
- 2-3 red chillies, roughly chopped
- 5-6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 150ml white wine vinegar
- 60ml lemon juice
- 200ml extra virgin olive oil
- White pepper, to taste
- Caster sugar, to taste
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Chop a portion of each of the herbs by hand, and 1 of the shallots. Combine in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place remaining ingredients in a food processor and blitz, slowly adding in the olive oil to emulsify everything. Season to taste with pepper, sugar and sea salt and mix to combine. Transfer to the bowl with the hand chopped ingredients and mix together. Adjust seasoning to taste if required. Store in an airtight jar or container and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...