Chocolate and Pear PikeletsSimone Austin
- 6 scoops Chocolate Ensure Powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup self raising flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Canned Pears, drained and sliced thinly
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Extra virgin olive oil for frying
- Beat the egg, milk and Chocolate Ensure powder together
- Add the flour and salt and lastly the butter.
- In a small bowl or cup mix the nutmeg, cinnamon and brown sugar together
- Heat a pan with a little extra virgin olive oil and with a ladle add in some pikelet batter.
- When the mixture bubbles turn over and cook until golden brown.
- Serve and top with sliced pears and a sprinkle of the brown sugar and spice mix.
- Repeat until all the batter is used.
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality FoodsIngredients: 250g Ground almonds 250g Chocolate Sauce 220g Caster Sugar 5 Free range eggs 15g Baking powder 20g cocoa powder For the chocolate sauce: 150ml Whole milk 150ml Thicken cream...
Can also be made with mangos. Ingredients: 100g Raspberries, frozen (we use Raspberries from Perfection Fresh) 150ml Water 60g Rolled Oats 1 Tbsp Honey, organic 1 Tsp Peanut Butter Roasted nuts to garnish and fresh raspberries Method: Mix the oats, water and...
Ingredients: 150g Soft brown sugar 75g Butter, unsalted 2 Free range Eggs 175g Dates, seeded 100ml Water 50ml Rum 175g Self raising flour 5g Bicarbonate soda 1g mixed spice Tip: Day before making soak the dates in the rum, bicarb of soda and water and leave in...
Ingredients: 250g punnet Qukes, deseeded 1 lime, juice ¼ bunch mint leaves 1tbs gin 150g butter (or dairy-free alternative) 150g golden caster sugar 1tsp vanilla paste 200g self-raising flour Gin Buttercream 125g butter (or dairy-free alternative), softened 65g...
Makes 1 X 15cm Cheesecake Serves: 6 Prep Time: 10 minutes Baking Time: 45 minutes Cooling Time: 3 hours 30 minutes minimum Ingredients: 3 (165g) Eggs 450g Cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened 150g Sugar,...
Time: 30 minutes Easy Ingredients: 1 medium pineapple, peeled, cored and chopped. Top 30ml rum ½ cup brown sugar 1 Tbls pink peppercorns 1 lime, juice and zested 300ml thickened cream 300ml marscapone 1 vanilla bean 1/3 cup icing sugar, sifted 2 large meringues,...