Chocolate Mousse with BerriesBen O'Donoghue
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 150g dark chocolate, 64% minimum cacao
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
- 1 tablespoon Tia Maria or other coffee liqueur
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup cream
- Sprigs of mint
- Dissolve the instant coffee in 2 teaspoons of hot water. Place the chocolate, butter, honey and dissolved coffee in a heatproof bowl positioned over a saucepan of barely simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the Tia Maria and egg yolks. Allow to cool – when you dab some of the mixture on your lips, it should feel warm.
- Use electric beaters to whisk the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl for 3–5 minutes, until foamy and soft peaks form. In a separate bowl, whip the cream to soft peaks, then keep chilled.
- When the chocolate is cool, gently fold in a third of the chilled whipped cream. Gently fold in half the whisked egg white, keeping as much air in the mixture as possible. Fold in the remaining egg white, followed by the remaining cream.
- Divide the mousse among six 1-cup serving glasses, or a large bowl, and chill for 4–6 hours to set.
- Serve garnished with sprigs of mint and strawberries.
Salmon Poke Bowl
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life.Ingredients: 2 salmon fillets, skin off 1 cup edamame beans, frozen and blanched 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly 1 carrot, ribboned 1 avocado, diced 1/2 bunch spring onions, sliced 1 cup cooked brown...
Tim Tam Donuts
Ingredients: 7 gm (1 sachet) dried yeast 360 gm plain flour 55 gm (¼ cup) caster sugar 150 ml lukewarm milk 40 gm softened butter 1 egg 250 gm milk chocolate, finely chopped 190 gm crème fraîche 70 ml pouring cream For deep-frying: vegetable oil 3-4 Tim Tams, coarsely...
Rizogalo – Greek Rice Pudding
Ingredients: 4 cups full cream milk 1/2 cup medium-grain rice 1 + 1/2 cups of water 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup caster sugar 2 tbs heaped tbsp cornflour 1 Vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste Traditional topping option Greek Cinnamon to dust the top Or Lotus Biscoff...
Sticky Strawberry Protein Pancakes
Ingredients: 1 very ripe banana (about 120g) 3 eggs, whisked 20g scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder 2 teaspoons of maple syrup 70g (1/2cup) quartered strawberries 1 tablespoon tapioca flour 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil Method: SERVES 1 Place your banana in...
Raw Banana Slice
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life. Ingredients: 2 Bananas 300g of raw Cashews (unsalted & unroasted) 6 - 8 Pitted Dates 2 tablespoons of Cinnamon powder 2 tablespoons of Raw cacao powder Cacao Nibs Pinch of Salt Method: In a food...
Papoutsakia “Little Slippers”
Ingredients: 4 eggplants, halved lengthwise 500 grams of canned or fresh tomatoes, peeled seeded and chopped 500 grams of minced beef 3 spring onions, finely sliced 1 onion, grated 4 cloves of garlic 1 cup (120 grams) of grated kefalotiri (a hard Greek cheese used in...