Chocolate Mousse with BerriesBen O'Donoghue
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 150g dark chocolate, 64% minimum cacao
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
- 1 tablespoon Tia Maria or other coffee liqueur
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup cream
- Sprigs of mint
- Dissolve the instant coffee in 2 teaspoons of hot water. Place the chocolate, butter, honey and dissolved coffee in a heatproof bowl positioned over a saucepan of barely simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the Tia Maria and egg yolks. Allow to cool – when you dab some of the mixture on your lips, it should feel warm.
- Use electric beaters to whisk the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl for 3–5 minutes, until foamy and soft peaks form. In a separate bowl, whip the cream to soft peaks, then keep chilled.
- When the chocolate is cool, gently fold in a third of the chilled whipped cream. Gently fold in half the whisked egg white, keeping as much air in the mixture as possible. Fold in the remaining egg white, followed by the remaining cream.
- Divide the mousse among six 1-cup serving glasses, or a large bowl, and chill for 4–6 hours to set.
- Serve garnished with sprigs of mint and strawberries.
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...