Claypot Sesame Oil ChickenCharlie & Karen
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations
Cook Time: 35 mins
Ingredients for Noodles
- 2g Star anise
- 1 stalk Spring onion
- 320g Chicken whole chicken wings(4 pieces)
- 7g Ginger(slice)
- 1 tbsp Dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp Oyster sauce
- 1 tsp Yeo’s sesame oil
- 250ml Water
- 1tbsp Dark soy sauce
- 1tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp Caramel dark soy sauce
1 tsp Cooking wine(to be added in step 6)
1tsp Sugar(to be added in step 6)
- Divide chicken wing joints into winglets and drumlets. Marinade wings and drumlets for 2-3 hours. Just before cooking, add in 1 tsp corn flour to the chicken.
- Heat claypot with 1 tbsp of sesame oil. Add in ginger slices and star anise, stir fry till fragrant.
- Add in wings/drumlets and stir fry till the chicken is browned on both sides.
- Add in seasonings and bring the mixture to a boil. The seasonings and water mixture should slightly cover all the chicken in the claypot.
- Bring the mixture to boil and then lower heat to medium low and simmer for about 25 mins until gravy is thickened and the chicken takes on a dark brown and even colour.
- Add in 1 tsp sugar and 1tsp cooking wine. Let it cook for a further 1 minute and turn off heat.
- To serve, sprinkle chopped spring onions over the chicken.