Coconut Rough TartKhanh Ong
- 250g choc ripple or chocolate biscuits
- 120g unsalted butter melted
- 150g chopped milk chocolate
- 250g chopped dark chocolate
- 1 cup of thickened cream
- 1⁄2 a cup of coconut oil
- 3 cups of shredded coconut
- melted dark chocolate
- toasted coconut flakes
- place biscuits in a food processor and whizz until crumbs are formed. add butter and process till combined.
- press crust into a fluted tart tin that’s been greased
- place into the fridge while we prep the filling
- place chocolates, cream and coconut oil into a large microwave safe bowl and
- microwave for 2 minutes stopping every 30 seconds until everything is melted and combined
- add coconut and stir then pour over biscuit base and smooth on top.
- set in the fridge to set for 2 hours.
- drizzle tart with dark chocolate and scatter over coconut flakes
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...