Cold Soba Noodle (Zaru Soba)Laura Sharrad
Serves : 3
- 1 pack Hakubaku Organic Soba Noodle
- 300ml water
- 4 each Shitake Mushroom
- 1 each Konbu seaweed (dry) (5cm x 3cm)
- 300ml Dashi stock
- 70ml Murasaki Soy Sauce
- 70ml Obento Mirin Seasoning
- Small amount S&B Wasabi
- 2 tbsp Spring onion (cut)
- Small amount Kizami Nori
- 30g Daikon Radish
- Boil 4~5L of water in a large deep pot. Cook the soba noodles by following the instructions on the packet or until it becomes the desired texture. Al dente is said to be the best texture for soba noodles.
- Once the soba noodles are cooked, drain, cool in ice water.
- Take out the noodles, drain excess water and serve with cold soba sauce and garnish. To eat, add desired amount of garnish in the soba sauce. Grab some noodles and dip halfway in the sauce before consuming. Soba noodles are best consumed within 5 mins after cooled for best texture and flavour.
- Combine all ingredients in a pot and leave for one night in the fridge. Take out the mushroom and seaweed.
- Combine all ingredients in a pot and heat to boiling point. Take off heat, cool to room temperature, then further cool in the fridge until cold.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Riesling.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...