Cold Soba Noodle (Zaru Soba)Laura Sharrad
Serves : 3
- 1 pack Hakubaku Organic Soba Noodle
- 300ml water
- 4 each Shitake Mushroom
- 1 each Konbu seaweed (dry) (5cm x 3cm)
- 300ml Dashi stock
- 70ml Murasaki Soy Sauce
- 70ml Obento Mirin Seasoning
- Small amount S&B Wasabi
- 2 tbsp Spring onion (cut)
- Small amount Kizami Nori
- 30g Daikon Radish
- Boil 4~5L of water in a large deep pot. Cook the soba noodles by following the instructions on the packet or until it becomes the desired texture. Al dente is said to be the best texture for soba noodles.
- Once the soba noodles are cooked, drain, cool in ice water.
- Take out the noodles, drain excess water and serve with cold soba sauce and garnish. To eat, add desired amount of garnish in the soba sauce. Grab some noodles and dip halfway in the sauce before consuming. Soba noodles are best consumed within 5 mins after cooled for best texture and flavour.
- Combine all ingredients in a pot and leave for one night in the fridge. Take out the mushroom and seaweed.
- Combine all ingredients in a pot and heat to boiling point. Take off heat, cool to room temperature, then further cool in the fridge until cold.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Riesling.
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...