Controversial PizzaKhanh Ong
- 1 1⁄2 cup lighthouse flour
- 1 tsp dried yeast
- A pinch of sugar
- A large pinch of salt
- 160ml warm water
- 1 tbsp EVOO 100g
- Tomato paste
- 1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 6 slices of shaved ham
- 50g shaved pineapple
- 2 stalks of spring onion
- 1⁄3 cup cheese (mozzarella)
- Combine flour, yeast, sugar and salt, make a well and add water and oil. use hands to bring dough together.
- Knead dough until elastic then place in a large bowl coated with oil.
- Cover dough with a damp towel and set to rise for 30-40 minutes or until twice the size.
- Cut the dough into 4 parts and roll one part out over a floured surface.
- Cover pizza base with tomato paste, sprinkle over garlic powder, dried basil, dried oregano, shaved ham, pineapple, spring onion and grated cheese
- Place in a 230c oven for 10-15 minutes until golden and cooked through
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Cabernet Malbec or Riesling
Ingredients: 100g glass noodles (bean thread vermicelli) 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced using a vegetable peeler 4 spring onions, thinly sliced on diagonal 2 eschalots, thinly sliced 1 cup coriander sprigs 1 cup flat-leaf parsley sprigs 1-2 small red chillies,...
Ingredients: 320g semolina plus a little extra 40g greens such as spinach or Tuscan kale Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sea salt and cracked pepper Pesto 1 garlic clove, peeled 20g pine nuts 50g wild rocket 25g parmesan plus a little extra Juice of 1 lemon Method: To make the...
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...