Controversial PizzaKhanh Ong
- 1 1⁄2 cup lighthouse flour
- 1 tsp dried yeast
- A pinch of sugar
- A large pinch of salt
- 160ml warm water
- 1 tbsp EVOO 100g
- Tomato paste
- 1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 6 slices of shaved ham
- 50g shaved pineapple
- 2 stalks of spring onion
- 1⁄3 cup cheese (mozzarella)
- Combine flour, yeast, sugar and salt, make a well and add water and oil. use hands to bring dough together.
- Knead dough until elastic then place in a large bowl coated with oil.
- Cover dough with a damp towel and set to rise for 30-40 minutes or until twice the size.
- Cut the dough into 4 parts and roll one part out over a floured surface.
- Cover pizza base with tomato paste, sprinkle over garlic powder, dried basil, dried oregano, shaved ham, pineapple, spring onion and grated cheese
- Place in a 230c oven for 10-15 minutes until golden and cooked through
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Cabernet Malbec or Riesling
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...