Corn and Coriander Hot CakesBen O'Donoghue
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs separated
- 1 cup butter milk
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 cup corn frozen
- 1 small bunch coriander leaves chopped
- 1 lg smashed avo
- 200g chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 medium red onion sliced
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the egg yolks and milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Loosely fold in the ricotta, corn and the chopped coriander leaves. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks, then gently fold into the batter.
- Melt a teaspoon of butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Drop in tablespoons of batter to form 6-8 cm round hotcakes, making sure that the mix is evenly distributed. Cook for 3–4 minutes, until lightly golden. Use a palette knife to turn over and continue to cook for another 2–3 minutes.
- Cook the hotcakes in batches, keeping them warm under a tea towel or in the oven.
- To serve top each hot cake with smashed avocado. For the tomato salsa combine the roughly chopped tomato with the slice red onion, chopped garlic, olive oil and slat and pepper.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...