Corn and Coriander Hot CakesBen O'Donoghue
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs separated
- 1 cup butter milk
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 cup corn frozen
- 1 small bunch coriander leaves chopped
- 1 lg smashed avo
- 200gm chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 medium red onion sliced
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the egg yolks and milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Loosely fold in the ricotta, corn and the chopped coriander leaves. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks, then gently fold into the batter.
- Melt a teaspoon of butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Drop in tablespoons of batter to form 6-8 cm round hotcakes, making sure that the mix is evenly distributed. Cook for 3–4 minutes, until lightly golden. Use a palette knife to turn over and continue to cook for another 2–3 minutes.
- Cook the hotcakes in batches, keeping them warm under a tea towel or in the oven.
- To serve top each hot cake with smashed avocado. For the tomato salsa combine the roughly chopped tomato with the slice red onion, chopped garlic, olive oil and slat and pepper.
Ingredients: 4 cups Cooked short medium rice (piping hot) 1 Carrot (julienned) 1 Zucchini (julienned) 8 Dried shiitake mushrooms (rehydrated in warm water for at least 1 hr, sliced) 1 pack Enoki mushrooms, separated 4 Radishes, thinly sliced 1 cup Shelled edamame...
Ingredients: 4 x Burger buns Brioche 600g beef mince (formed into 150g balls) ½ red onion finely diced 100g garlic and dill pickles “Maclures “ or similar 4tbsp tomato ketchup Monteray jack cheese slices (4x 50g slices) 100g Kewpie mayo 20g Hot English mustard Salt...
Ingredients: Pumpkin Seed Hummus 300g pepita seeds soaked in water 30g garlic 120ml lemon juice 120gm tahini 250ml water 250g evo Tahini Green Goddess Dressing 3 cloves garlic peeled Juice of 1 lemon 60mls Salt 100g tahini 250ml EVO 1 cup of water 1 tablespoon caper 1...
Ingredients: 1 x Laucke Brioche Mix Sliced jalapeno chilli pickled 600g chicken tenders sunflower oil for frying Kewpee sesame dressing Pineapple Iceberg lettuce ½ cup butter milk / yoghurt Crumb 1 ½ cup chickpea flour 1 tsp onion powder ¼ tsp cayenne pepper ¼ tsp...
Ingredients: Dineamic Sweet Potato and Coconut Curry Cauliflower rice Roti bread Yoghurt Mint Method: Place the pouch in a pot of simmering water for 10 minutes. Cauliflower rice is super easy to make if you have a food processor. Chop the floret of cauliflower and...
Ingredients: 1-2 Safcol tins smoked trout 1 tub full fat cream cheese 1 tbsp dill chopped finely chopped 1 tbsp finely chopped red onion or banana shallot 1tbsp baby capers Juice of 1 lemon Salt Pepper To serve Cucumber sticks Carrot sticks Celery sticks And or...