Corn and Coriander Hot CakesBen O'Donoghue
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs separated
- 1 cup butter milk
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 cup corn frozen
- 1 small bunch coriander leaves chopped
- 1 lg smashed avo
- 200g chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 medium red onion sliced
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the egg yolks and milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Loosely fold in the ricotta, corn and the chopped coriander leaves. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks, then gently fold into the batter.
- Melt a teaspoon of butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Drop in tablespoons of batter to form 6-8 cm round hotcakes, making sure that the mix is evenly distributed. Cook for 3–4 minutes, until lightly golden. Use a palette knife to turn over and continue to cook for another 2–3 minutes.
- Cook the hotcakes in batches, keeping them warm under a tea towel or in the oven.
- To serve top each hot cake with smashed avocado. For the tomato salsa combine the roughly chopped tomato with the slice red onion, chopped garlic, olive oil and slat and pepper.
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...