Corn and Coriander Hot CakesBen O'Donoghue
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs separated
- 1 cup butter milk
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 cup corn frozen
- 1 small bunch coriander leaves chopped
- 1 lg smashed avo
- 200g chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 medium red onion sliced
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the egg yolks and milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Loosely fold in the ricotta, corn and the chopped coriander leaves. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks, then gently fold into the batter.
- Melt a teaspoon of butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Drop in tablespoons of batter to form 6-8 cm round hotcakes, making sure that the mix is evenly distributed. Cook for 3–4 minutes, until lightly golden. Use a palette knife to turn over and continue to cook for another 2–3 minutes.
- Cook the hotcakes in batches, keeping them warm under a tea towel or in the oven.
- To serve top each hot cake with smashed avocado. For the tomato salsa combine the roughly chopped tomato with the slice red onion, chopped garlic, olive oil and slat and pepper.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...