Corn and Coriander Hot CakesBen O'Donoghue
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs separated
- 1 cup butter milk
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 cup corn frozen
- 1 small bunch coriander leaves chopped
- 1 lg smashed avo
- 200g chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 medium red onion sliced
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the egg yolks and milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Loosely fold in the ricotta, corn and the chopped coriander leaves. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks, then gently fold into the batter.
- Melt a teaspoon of butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Drop in tablespoons of batter to form 6-8 cm round hotcakes, making sure that the mix is evenly distributed. Cook for 3–4 minutes, until lightly golden. Use a palette knife to turn over and continue to cook for another 2–3 minutes.
- Cook the hotcakes in batches, keeping them warm under a tea towel or in the oven.
- To serve top each hot cake with smashed avocado. For the tomato salsa combine the roughly chopped tomato with the slice red onion, chopped garlic, olive oil and slat and pepper.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...