Corn FrittersSimone Austin
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 100ml Glucerna liquid
- 2 x 420g cans corn kernels, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Chilli flakes if desired
- 100g fetta, crumbled
- Butter to cook fritters with
- Place flour into a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre. Whisk eggs and Glucerna liquid in a jug and pour gradually into the flour, stirring gently to combine. Fold in corn, basil, pinch of chilli flakes if desired and fetta.
- Heat pan and grease with butter. Drop 1/4 cup of mixture into the pan for each fritter. Cook a few at a time. Cook for about 2-3 mins, until golden brown underneath, then turn and cook the other side. Repeat with the butter and fritter mixture.
- Serve with a side salad and chutney or sweet chilli sauce.
For more details on Glucerna, go to glucerna.com.au
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente. In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...