Crab & Potato Crepe with Crème Fraiche and CaviarBen O'Donoghue
- 500g Dutch cream potato cooked and drained
- 45g plain flour
- 45g crème Fraiche
- 5 eggs (800g free-range eggs)
- 5g salt
- 2g white pepper
- 100g cubed Unsalted butter
- 250g Spanner crab or similar cooked crab meat
- 1/2 bunch Chives (cut half finely and then the remaining into match stick lengths)
- 1/4 bunch Dill picked
- 1/4 bunch Tarragon picked
- 1/4 bunch chervil optional picked
- 120g Cream Fraiche
- 100g Salmon caviar
- Combine the cooked Dutch cream potatoes in a food processor with the flour, crème Fraiche, eggs and seasoning and blend
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees
- In a bowl combine the potato batter with the crab meat and half of all the herbs finely chopped. With the remaining herbs reserve for garnish. Check the Seasoning of the batter and adjust
- If using one pan heat a pan large enough for the amount of batter. Add the butter and heat until foaming. Add the batter to the pan and cook over a medium heat until the butter foams and bubbles around the edges. Check to see if you can see the batter starting to colour.
- Place the whole pan in the oven and cook until the batter is firm to the touch and puffed up. 15 minutes (if using small pans follow the same principle but divide the batter equally between the pans)
- When the crepe is cooked turn it out onto a serving dish. Dollop the crème Fraiche in the middle of the crepe /crepes. Then dollop the caviar on top. Dress the herbs with a little olive oil and salt and garnish the crepe.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a TarraWarra Estate Farm Block Chardonnay 2016 or Soumah Pinot Noir 2018
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...