Crab & Potato Crepe with Crème Fraiche and CaviarBen O'Donoghue
- 500g Dutch cream potato cooked and drained
- 45g plain flour
- 45g crème Fraiche
- 5 eggs (800g free-range eggs)
- 5g salt
- 2g white pepper
- 100g cubed Unsalted butter
- 250g Spanner crab or similar cooked crab meat
- 1/2 bunch Chives (cut half finely and then the remaining into match stick lengths)
- 1/4 bunch Dill picked
- 1/4 bunch Tarragon picked
- 1/4 bunch chervil optional picked
- 120g Cream Fraiche
- 100g Salmon caviar
- Combine the cooked Dutch cream potatoes in a food processor with the flour, crème Fraiche, eggs and seasoning and blend
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees
- In a bowl combine the potato batter with the crab meat and half of all the herbs finely chopped. With the remaining herbs reserve for garnish. Check the Seasoning of the batter and adjust
- If using one pan heat a pan large enough for the amount of batter. Add the butter and heat until foaming. Add the batter to the pan and cook over a medium heat until the butter foams and bubbles around the edges. Check to see if you can see the batter starting to colour.
- Place the whole pan in the oven and cook until the batter is firm to the touch and puffed up. 15 minutes (if using small pans follow the same principle but divide the batter equally between the pans)
- When the crepe is cooked turn it out onto a serving dish. Dollop the crème Fraiche in the middle of the crepe /crepes. Then dollop the caviar on top. Dress the herbs with a little olive oil and salt and garnish the crepe.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a TarraWarra Estate Farm Block Chardonnay 2016 or Soumah Pinot Noir 2018
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...