Craisin & White Choc Chunk CookiesLaura Sharrad
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Ocean Spray
- 200g unsalted butter, melted, cooled 280g dark-brown sugar
- 80g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 1/3 cups plain flour
- 1 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 220g white chocolate cut roughly into chunks
- 1 cup of Craisins
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and line 3 large trays with baking paper.
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Whisk in egg and vanilla until glossy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, bicarb, baking powder and a pinch of salt flakes together.
- Roughly chop white chocolate into approximately 1cm pieces.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix using a wooden spoon until just combined (there will still be some floury pockets). Fold in the Craisins & white chocolate until evenly incorporated throughout the dough.
- Working with 2 tbsp of dough at a time, roll into balls and place on prepared trays. Flatten slightly, leaving 3cm between each cookie, then sprinkle with a pinch of salt flakes.
- Bake cookies, 1 tray at a time, for 9 minutes. Open the oven door and carefully tap the tray against the oven rack to release air from the cookies (the cookies will deflate slightly). Bake for a further 4 minutes, then tap again and remove from the oven. The cookies should be golden brown with a crisp edge and the middle just set. Cool for 5 minutes on trays before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with salt flakes before serving.