Crispy Pork Belly with Ribbon SaladKhanh Ong
- 1⁄2 kg Pork belly
- 2 tbsp Salt Flakes
- 3 tsp five spice powder
- 1 cucumber peeled into ribbon using a peeler
- 1 carrot peeled into ribbon using a peeler
- 4 radishes thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup of coriander
- 1⁄4 cup vietnamese mint
- 1⁄4 cup of mint
- 3 tbsp of nuoc mam dressing
- hoisin sauce
- To make the pork belly, score the skin of the pork
- Rub scored skin with 1⁄2 tbsp of salt and leave to sweat in a fridge for 15 minutes then using a dry paper towel remove the moisture on the skin
- Rub salt over the skin again
- Rub spice mix onto the four sides and under each piece of pork leaving the skin.
- Place in an oven at 180C for 40 – 50 minutes
- Turn the heat up to 250C and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until skin is puffed
- mix all the ingredients in a bowl
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 1x 2 kg lamb shoulder, easy-carve or shoulder blade removed 12 prunes, pitted 2 large sprigs of rosemary, broken and leaves removed 2 tablespoons olive oil 100 g butter 1 onion, chopped 1 celery heart, chopped 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced 2 fresh or...
Ingredients: Serves 4 8 Moreton Bay bugs 200g thinly sliced dried pancetta 8 bay leaves 4 ripe figs, halved 2 tablespoons olive oil Juice of 1 lemon Method: Prepare your barbecue for direct grilling over a high heat. Prepare the bugs by removing the meat from the...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Teaspoon coconut sugar 6 freshly picked mint leaves Approx 500ml SodaStream Carbonated Water 10-15 assorted fresh berries One lime, halved Ice Method: Start by bringing together the coconut sugar and the mint in a food processor or alternatively...
Ingredients: Serves: 3 2 cup water 3 tbsp Valcom Tom Yum Paste 1 cup button mushrooms, halved 300g chicken fillet, sliced 1⁄4 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk 4 tbsp Valcom Kaffir Lime Leaves 1 stalk coriander coarsely chopped 1 red chilli, cut diagonally Method: Bring...