Crispy Pork Belly with Ribbon SaladKhanh Ong
- 1⁄2 kg Pork belly
- 2 tbsp Salt Flakes
- 3 tsp five spice powder
- 1 cucumber peeled into ribbon using a peeler
- 1 carrot peeled into ribbon using a peeler
- 4 radishes thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup of coriander
- 1⁄4 cup vietnamese mint
- 1⁄4 cup of mint
- 3 tbsp of nuoc mam dressing
- hoisin sauce
- To make the pork belly, score the skin of the pork
- Rub scored skin with 1⁄2 tbsp of salt and leave to sweat in a fridge for 15 minutes then using a dry paper towel remove the moisture on the skin
- Rub salt over the skin again
- Rub spice mix onto the four sides and under each piece of pork leaving the skin.
- Place in an oven at 180C for 40 – 50 minutes
- Turn the heat up to 250C and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until skin is puffed
- mix all the ingredients in a bowl
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...