Crispy Pork Belly with Ribbon SaladKhanh Ong
- 1⁄2 kg Pork belly
- 2 tbsp Salt Flakes
- 3 tsp five spice powder
- 1 cucumber peeled into ribbon using a peeler
- 1 carrot peeled into ribbon using a peeler
- 4 radishes thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup of coriander
- 1⁄4 cup vietnamese mint
- 1⁄4 cup of mint
- 3 tbsp of nuoc mam dressing
- hoisin sauce
- To make the pork belly, score the skin of the pork
- Rub scored skin with 1⁄2 tbsp of salt and leave to sweat in a fridge for 15 minutes then using a dry paper towel remove the moisture on the skin
- Rub salt over the skin again
- Rub spice mix onto the four sides and under each piece of pork leaving the skin.
- Place in an oven at 180C for 40 – 50 minutes
- Turn the heat up to 250C and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until skin is puffed
- mix all the ingredients in a bowl
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...
Ingredients: Makes Two 4 rounds or Rye bread slices 300gm sliced pastrami 100gm sauerkraut 200gm comte cheese or cheddar 2 large garlic and dill pickles cut in half 4 tbsp kewpie mayo 1 tbsp hot English mustard 100gm butter soft Method: Combine the hot English mustard...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 4 eggs separated 1 cup butter milk 1 cup ricotta 1 cup corn frozen 1 small bunch coriander leaves chopped 1 lg smashed avo 200gm chopped tomatoes 1/4 medium red onion sliced 1 clove of garlic chopped...