Crispy Pork Belly with Ribbon SaladKhanh Ong
- 1⁄2 kg Pork belly
- 2 tbsp Salt Flakes
- 3 tsp five spice powder
- 1 cucumber peeled into ribbon using a peeler
- 1 carrot peeled into ribbon using a peeler
- 4 radishes thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup of coriander
- 1⁄4 cup vietnamese mint
- 1⁄4 cup of mint
- 3 tbsp of nuoc mam dressing
- hoisin sauce
- To make the pork belly, score the skin of the pork
- Rub scored skin with 1⁄2 tbsp of salt and leave to sweat in a fridge for 15 minutes then using a dry paper towel remove the moisture on the skin
- Rub salt over the skin again
- Rub spice mix onto the four sides and under each piece of pork leaving the skin.
- Place in an oven at 180C for 40 – 50 minutes
- Turn the heat up to 250C and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until skin is puffed
- mix all the ingredients in a bowl
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...