Crispy Roast PotatoesMike Reid
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods
- 800g potatoes
- 100ml olive oil
- 80g Persian feta
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- ½ bunch fresh oregano
- 150g baby shallots
- 20g pine nuts
- 30g butter, unsalted
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 200ml yoghurt
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Blach your potatoes for 10-12 mins in salted water. Your knife should just pierce through, they will finish cooking in the oven.
- Heat your oven tray up on the stove top, this is key. Then add a splash of olive oil, your shallots whole and the smoked paprika to the tray.
- Remove your potatoes from the water, giving them a slight bash before going into the tray. This will ensure they will get really really crispy as they roast. Then add your rosemary, butter, more olive oil and a generous helping of salt.
- Marry all of the flavours together and then place the tray into the oven at 200 degrees for 30-35 mins. They will be super crispy and golden brown.
- Mix the yoghurt and lemon juice together, then ladle a large scoop onto the base of your serving plate.
- Remove from the oven and place your potatoes on top of the yoghurt, then garnish with oregano, pine nuts and feta.