Crispy Salmon Fish SaladBen O'Donoghue
- 100g glass noodles (bean thread vermicelli)
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced using a vegetable peeler
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 2 eschalots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup coriander sprigs
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley sprigs
- 1-2 small red chillies, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 400g salmon fillet with skin-on, pin- boned, cut into 4cm-wide portions
- 2 tbs capers, drained
- Juice of 2 limes, plus wedges to serve
- 1-2 tbs fish sauce, to taste
- Soak noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes, then drain and combine with cucumber, spring onion, eschalot, coriander, parsley and chilli in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a wok over high heat. When very hot, add salmon skin-side down. Cook for 3-4 minutes until very crispy.
- Turn the salmon, then remove the skin using tongs and set aside. Start to break the salmon up into 2-3cm pieces with tongs or a fork, and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until it flakes and starts to crisp.
- Add the capers and cook for a further 45 seconds or until crisp.
- Remove salmon and capers with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towel, then season.
- Dress salad with lime juice and fish sauce, then add salmon, capers and fish skin broken into pieces. Toss and serve with extra lime.
Our friends at Wine Selectors have paired this dish with a Jilyara Heath Road Chardonnay 2018 or Howard Park Sauvignon Blanc 2018
Ingredients: 4 cups Cooked short medium rice (piping hot) 1 Carrot (julienned) 1 Zucchini (julienned) 8 Dried shiitake mushrooms (rehydrated in warm water for at least 1 hr, sliced) 1 pack Enoki mushrooms, separated 4 Radishes, thinly sliced 1 cup Shelled edamame...
Ingredients: 4 x Burger buns Brioche 600g beef mince (formed into 150g balls) ½ red onion finely diced 100g garlic and dill pickles “Maclures “ or similar 4tbsp tomato ketchup Monteray jack cheese slices (4x 50g slices) 100g Kewpie mayo 20g Hot English mustard Salt...
Ingredients: Pumpkin Seed Hummus 300g pepita seeds soaked in water 30g garlic 120ml lemon juice 120gm tahini 250ml water 250g evo Tahini Green Goddess Dressing 3 cloves garlic peeled Juice of 1 lemon 60mls Salt 100g tahini 250ml EVO 1 cup of water 1 tablespoon caper 1...
Ingredients: 1 x Laucke Brioche Mix Sliced jalapeno chilli pickled 600g chicken tenders sunflower oil for frying Kewpee sesame dressing Pineapple Iceberg lettuce ½ cup butter milk / yoghurt Crumb 1 ½ cup chickpea flour 1 tsp onion powder ¼ tsp cayenne pepper ¼ tsp...
Ingredients: Dineamic Sweet Potato and Coconut Curry Cauliflower rice Roti bread Yoghurt Mint Method: Place the pouch in a pot of simmering water for 10 minutes. Cauliflower rice is super easy to make if you have a food processor. Chop the floret of cauliflower and...
Ingredients: 1-2 Safcol tins smoked trout 1 tub full fat cream cheese 1 tbsp dill chopped finely chopped 1 tbsp finely chopped red onion or banana shallot 1tbsp baby capers Juice of 1 lemon Salt Pepper To serve Cucumber sticks Carrot sticks Celery sticks And or...