Crispy Thai Fish CakesLaura Sharrad
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations
- 400g firm white fish (finely diced, sinew removed)
- ½ cup ABC Sweet Soy Sauce Kecap Manis
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1½ tbsp corn flour
- 1¼ cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 sprigs coriander (chopped)
- 2 lime leaves (finely chopped)
- 2 spring onions (white sections only, finely chopped)
- 60g green beans (finely chopped)
- 1 red chilli (deseeded, finely diced)
- 1 egg white
- Pinch of white pepper, salt and sugar
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- lime wedges, to serve
- baby cos, to serve
- In a mixing bowl, combine fish, 1 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce Kecap Manis, fish sauce, corn flour, ¼ cup breadcrumbs, coriander, lime leaves, spring onions, green beans, chilli, egg white and a pinch of white pepper, salt and sugar.
- Place remaining bread crumbs onto a shallow plate. Using 1 heaped tbsp mixture at a time, shape into 1.5cm-thick patties. Toss through breadcrumbs to coat, repeat with remaining mixture.
- One-third fill a wok with oil, heat over medium-high heat until hot. In batches, fry fish cakes for about 2-3 mins each side or until golden and cooked through. Drain on a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining ABC Sweet Soy Sauce Kecap Manis, sesame oil and lime juice to make a dipping sauce.
- Serve with lime wedges, lettuce and dipping sauce.