Crumbed Lasagne BitesMatt Sinclair
- Leftover Lasagne
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 cups Panko crumbs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil
- 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped
- Sea salt
- White pepper
- Prepare mayonnaise (can be made in advance). Add the egg yolk, mustard, lemon zest and half of the lemon juice to a large mixing bowl. Whisk together to combine. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while continuously whisking ingredients to emulsify. Once thickened, whisk in the remaining lemon juice, anchovy fillets and season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate in a sealed container if making ahead of time.
- Set up a breading station with 3 shallow bowls. 1 with flour, 1 with the eggs (lightly whisked), 1 with panko crumbs.
- Cut the lasagne into bite-sized squares (approximately 1 inch). Carefully coat in flour, shake off the excess and transfer to the egg. Coat well and transfer to the panko. Gently press in the panko to ensure even coverage.
- Heat oil or deep fryer to 180C. Fry the lasagne bites in batches until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel and season with salt. Continue with remaining lasagne bites. Serve hot with anchovy mayo on the side.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sparkling Red.
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...