Crumbed Lasagne BitesMatt Sinclair
- Leftover Lasagne
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 cups Panko crumbs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil
- 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped
- Sea salt
- White pepper
- Prepare mayonnaise (can be made in advance). Add the egg yolk, mustard, lemon zest and half of the lemon juice to a large mixing bowl. Whisk together to combine. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while continuously whisking ingredients to emulsify. Once thickened, whisk in the remaining lemon juice, anchovy fillets and season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate in a sealed container if making ahead of time.
- Set up a breading station with 3 shallow bowls. 1 with flour, 1 with the eggs (lightly whisked), 1 with panko crumbs.
- Cut the lasagne into bite-sized squares (approximately 1 inch). Carefully coat in flour, shake off the excess and transfer to the egg. Coat well and transfer to the panko. Gently press in the panko to ensure even coverage.
- Heat oil or deep fryer to 180C. Fry the lasagne bites in batches until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel and season with salt. Continue with remaining lasagne bites. Serve hot with anchovy mayo on the side.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sparkling Red.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...