Crumbed Lasagne BitesMatt Sinclair
- Leftover Lasagne
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 cups Panko crumbs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil
- 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped
- Sea salt
- White pepper
- Prepare mayonnaise (can be made in advance). Add the egg yolk, mustard, lemon zest and half of the lemon juice to a large mixing bowl. Whisk together to combine. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while continuously whisking ingredients to emulsify. Once thickened, whisk in the remaining lemon juice, anchovy fillets and season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate in a sealed container if making ahead of time.
- Set up a breading station with 3 shallow bowls. 1 with flour, 1 with the eggs (lightly whisked), 1 with panko crumbs.
- Cut the lasagne into bite-sized squares (approximately 1 inch). Carefully coat in flour, shake off the excess and transfer to the egg. Coat well and transfer to the panko. Gently press in the panko to ensure even coverage.
- Heat oil or deep fryer to 180C. Fry the lasagne bites in batches until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel and season with salt. Continue with remaining lasagne bites. Serve hot with anchovy mayo on the side.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sparkling Red.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...