Crumbed Lasagne BitesMatt Sinclair
- Leftover Lasagne
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 cups Panko crumbs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil
- 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped
- Sea salt
- White pepper
- Prepare mayonnaise (can be made in advance). Add the egg yolk, mustard, lemon zest and half of the lemon juice to a large mixing bowl. Whisk together to combine. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while continuously whisking ingredients to emulsify. Once thickened, whisk in the remaining lemon juice, anchovy fillets and season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate in a sealed container if making ahead of time.
- Set up a breading station with 3 shallow bowls. 1 with flour, 1 with the eggs (lightly whisked), 1 with panko crumbs.
- Cut the lasagne into bite-sized squares (approximately 1 inch). Carefully coat in flour, shake off the excess and transfer to the egg. Coat well and transfer to the panko. Gently press in the panko to ensure even coverage.
- Heat oil or deep fryer to 180C. Fry the lasagne bites in batches until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel and season with salt. Continue with remaining lasagne bites. Serve hot with anchovy mayo on the side.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sparkling Red.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...