Makes 12 crumpets
- 6 Crumpet rings
- Oil spray
- 125ml water
- 10gm flour
- 20gm yeast
- 250gm semolina
- 250gm flour
- 3 eggs
- 125ml milk
- 375ml water
- Combine the flour water and yeast in a bowl and allow to activate (becomes bubbly)
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend, then add the yeast mixture and blend to combine about 1-2 minute
- Place the batter into a large bowl and allow to double in size
- Place the crumpet rings onto your preheated electric sandwich press or bbq plate and spray with oil spray. Using a ladle fill each ring. Allow to cook until the tops are almost set, as this happens bubbles will appear and pop creating holes once the tops are almost set. Remove the mould and flip for 1 minute and repeat.
- Then you can toast the crumpets to make them crispy and top with the honeycomb butter or whatever you like!
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...