Makes 12 crumpets
- 6 Crumpet rings
- Oil spray
- 125ml water
- 10gm flour
- 20gm yeast
- 250gm semolina
- 250gm flour
- 3 eggs
- 125ml milk
- 375ml water
- Combine the flour water and yeast in a bowl and allow to activate (becomes bubbly)
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend, then add the yeast mixture and blend to combine about 1-2 minute
- Place the batter into a large bowl and allow to double in size
- Place the crumpet rings onto your preheated electric sandwich press or bbq plate and spray with oil spray. Using a ladle fill each ring. Allow to cook until the tops are almost set, as this happens bubbles will appear and pop creating holes once the tops are almost set. Remove the mould and flip for 1 minute and repeat.
- Then you can toast the crumpets to make them crispy and top with the honeycomb butter or whatever you like!
Ingredients:BASE 3 Egg Yolks 1/2 cup Caster Sugar 125g soft butter 2 cups Self-Raising flour 1 cup orange juice Vanilla TOPPING 3 egg whites 1/2 cup caster sugar 1 cup desiccated coconut Method: Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add yolks and vanilla. Fold in the...
Ingredients: Plant-based milk Chia seeds Cacao powder Maple syrup Vanilla extract or paste Method: Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. If you prefer to eat the seeds whole, you can skip the blender and combine the ingredients...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life.Ingredients: 2 salmon fillets, skin off 1 cup edamame beans, frozen and blanched 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly 1 carrot, ribboned 1 avocado, diced 1/2 bunch spring onions, sliced 1 cup cooked brown...
Ingredients: 7 gm (1 sachet) dried yeast 360 gm plain flour 55 gm (¼ cup) caster sugar 150 ml lukewarm milk 40 gm softened butter 1 egg 250 gm milk chocolate, finely chopped 190 gm crème fraîche 70 ml pouring cream For deep-frying: vegetable oil 3-4 Tim Tams, coarsely...
Ingredients: 4 cups full cream milk 1/2 cup medium-grain rice 1 + 1/2 cups of water 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup caster sugar 2 tbs heaped tbsp cornflour 1 Vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste Traditional topping option Greek Cinnamon to dust the top Or Lotus Biscoff...
Ingredients: 1 very ripe banana (about 120g) 3 eggs, whisked 20g scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder 2 teaspoons of maple syrup 70g (1/2cup) quartered strawberries 1 tablespoon tapioca flour 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil Method: SERVES 1 Place your banana in...