Makes 12 crumpets
- 6 Crumpet rings
- Oil spray
- 125ml water
- 10gm flour
- 20gm yeast
- 250gm semolina
- 250gm flour
- 3 eggs
- 125ml milk
- 375ml water
- Combine the flour water and yeast in a bowl and allow to activate (becomes bubbly)
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend, then add the yeast mixture and blend to combine about 1-2 minute
- Place the batter into a large bowl and allow to double in size
- Place the crumpet rings onto your preheated electric sandwich press or bbq plate and spray with oil spray. Using a ladle fill each ring. Allow to cook until the tops are almost set, as this happens bubbles will appear and pop creating holes once the tops are almost set. Remove the mould and flip for 1 minute and repeat.
- Then you can toast the crumpets to make them crispy and top with the honeycomb butter or whatever you like!
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...