Cucumber and Cuttlefish Som YumZeb Gilbert
- 200g Cuttlefish, sliced into bite sized pieces and scored
- 20ml oil
- 2 continental cucumbers, roughly chopped
- 5 baby cucumbers, julienned
- 200g yellow/green beans, roughly chopped
- 50g cashews
- 1 long chili, roughly chopped
- 4-6 birdseye chilis
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 1 limes, diced whole
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 50g palm sugar
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 1tbsp tamarind
- Place well oiled cuttlefish onto a hibachi or BBQ and season with salt as cooking. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until perfectly cooked.
- Bash your garlic, chili, and lime in mortar and pestle until broken down. Add in tomatoes and half your beans and bash until they have broken down as well
- Add in your fish sauce, tamarind and palm sugar and combine well. Taste for seasoning at your own preference.
- Combine cucumbers, half the cashews and dressing in a large bowl and toss. Add in cuttlefish and toss further. Top with remaining cashews and serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Semillon.
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...