Cucumber and Cuttlefish Som YumZeb Gilbert
- 200g Cuttlefish, sliced into bite sized pieces and scored
- 20ml oil
- 2 continental cucumbers, roughly chopped
- 5 baby cucumbers, julienned
- 200g yellow/green beans, roughly chopped
- 50g cashews
- 1 long chili, roughly chopped
- 4-6 birdseye chilis
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 1 limes, diced whole
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 50g palm sugar
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 1tbsp tamarind
- Place well oiled cuttlefish onto a hibachi or BBQ and season with salt as cooking. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until perfectly cooked.
- Bash your garlic, chili, and lime in mortar and pestle until broken down. Add in tomatoes and half your beans and bash until they have broken down as well
- Add in your fish sauce, tamarind and palm sugar and combine well. Taste for seasoning at your own preference.
- Combine cucumbers, half the cashews and dressing in a large bowl and toss. Add in cuttlefish and toss further. Top with remaining cashews and serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Semillon.
Ingredients: 2 heads broccoli 1 large leek, halved lengthwise, rinsed 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 head garlic, unpeeled 4 cups (1L) chicken or vegetable stock 120g baby spinach leaves 125g sour cream, plus extra to serve Chilli flakes & herbs, such as basil,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations Ingredients: 2 pieces Shimeji mushroom (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Red capsicum (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Zucchini (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Eggplant (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Sweet potato...
Ingredients: 30ml Vegetable oil 1 tin of chopped tomatoes 3 small red onions, 1 sliced, 2 roughly chopped 1 Red Scotch bonnet, finely chopped 100g Tomato paste 2 Tsp curry powder 1 Tsp Thyme, Fresh preferably but dried will also work 2 Bay leaves 1lt Chicken...
Ingredients:For pastry: 225g Plain Flour 100g Butter, unsalted (Make sure it’s really cold!) 4 Tbsp water, chilled For Filling: 250ml Cream 2 Large Eggs 200g Gaunchalie (or bacon) 1 Brown Onion, diced 100g Heritage baby tomatoes (halved) 125g Gruyère cheese 50g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Ocean Spray Ingredients: 400g Venison Loin 1 Carrot chopped 1 Brown onion, diced 1 Bay Leaf 2 Sprigs Rosemary 1 Bulb Garlic 1 Glass Red wine 1 Tbsp Tomato paste 700ml Beef Stock 100g Dark chocolate ...
Ingredients: 100g self raising flour 1 egg 3 tbs sour cream 2 tins corn ½ bunch coriander 1 bunch spring onions 2 avocados 1 shallot 1 long red chilli 2 limes Method: n a mixing bowl, combine your egg, the tinned corn, ½ a shallot, sour cream and flour together,...