Cucumber and Cuttlefish Som YumZeb Gilbert
- 200g Cuttlefish, sliced into bite sized pieces and scored
- 20ml oil
- 2 continental cucumbers, roughly chopped
- 5 baby cucumbers, julienned
- 200g yellow/green beans, roughly chopped
- 50g cashews
- 1 long chili, roughly chopped
- 4-6 birdseye chilis
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 1 limes, diced whole
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 50g palm sugar
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 1tbsp tamarind
- Place well oiled cuttlefish onto a hibachi or BBQ and season with salt as cooking. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until perfectly cooked.
- Bash your garlic, chili, and lime in mortar and pestle until broken down. Add in tomatoes and half your beans and bash until they have broken down as well
- Add in your fish sauce, tamarind and palm sugar and combine well. Taste for seasoning at your own preference.
- Combine cucumbers, half the cashews and dressing in a large bowl and toss. Add in cuttlefish and toss further. Top with remaining cashews and serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Semillon.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...