Double Chocolate Chip CookiesMike Reid
- 250g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 125g Butter, unsalted
- 125g Light brown sugar
- 125g Caster Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g Dark chocolate block
- 100g White chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Cream together butter and sugar until smooth and slightly whipped
- Add in your egg and vanilla extract
- Sieve your flour and add your baking powder. Slowly add the flour mixture to your mixture and combine.
- Lastly add your chopped chocolate to the mix and finish combing before leaving to rest
- Using an ice cream scoop to portion out your cookies
- Cook your cookies for about 15 minutes taking them out of the oven at the halfway point to give them a little knock underneath to help them drop
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Liqueur Muscat.
Ingredients: 185 g dates 1 cup water 60g butter 2 eggs 185g self raising flour 185g sugar 1tsp baking powder ½ tsp vanilla paste Butterscotch Sauce: 1 cup cream ¾ cup brown sugar 2 tbsp butter Pinch of salt Method: Bring the dates and water to a boil, then remove from...
Ingredients: 4 Lady Finger Bananas Woodchips for smoking in a fire or hibachi Dulce De Leche Creme: 2 Tbsp Dulce de leche 200ml Cream Chocolate Sauce: 150ml full-fat milk 150ml double cream 300g dark chocolate, broken into pieces 1 tsp vanilla extract To Serve: 1 tbsp...
Ingredients: 3 eggs, separated 6 tbsp caster sugar 500 g mascarpone cream 500ml espresso coffee 80ml marsala 500g savoiardi biscotti ( 1 large packet ) Dark chocolate, to grate Cocoa powder, to dust Method: Beat the egg yolks and half the sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes...
Ingredients: 1 pear, peeled and cored, diced 1 tsp ground cinnamon 125g unsalted butter ½ cup caster sugar 2 eggs 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking powder Salt Streusal Crumb: 40g unsalted butter, chilled, diced 1/3 cup plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar Salt Method:...
Ingredients: 2 eggs 1 cup sugar ¾ cup vegetable oil 1 tsp vanilla essence 2 cups grated carrot 1 ¼ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking soda 2-3 tsp cinnamon 2-3 tsp mixed spice ½ tsp salt Lime Cream Cheese: 200g cream cheese, room temperature 1 ½ cups icing sugar, sifted...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 ¼ cup Nutella 8 thick slices of brioche 3 eggs ¼ cup milk 1 vanilla bean, scraped 40g butter 2 lady finger bananas 2 Tablespoons caster sugar 160g unsalted butter ¼ cup pistachios, chopped ¼ cup maple syrup Edible flowers to garnish Ice cream to...