Dukkah Crusted Lamb ChopsBen O'Donoghue
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 bunches heirloom baby carrots (about 6 baby carrots each, or 4 regular cut into sticks)
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 110g (/1 cup) dukkah
- 12 French trimmed lamb cutlets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g tub of hummus
- 1 tbsp sumac
- 30g (1/2 cup) roughly chopped mixed flat-leaf (Italian) parsley and mint
- 60g (1/4 cup) plain yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a mortar and pestle, pound the garlic with a pinch of salt into a smooth paste, then add the oil. Toss the carrots with the garlic oil in a bowl.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and then place the carrots in a single layer and roast in the oven for 20 minutes until tender. Remove from the oven and drizzle over the molasses and sprinkle with a good pinch of dukkah. Return to the oven to roast for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non stick frying pan over medium heat no oil needed. Season the lamb cutlets with salt and pepper and cook for about 3–4 minutes, on each side, for medium. Once cooked to your liking, remove from the pan onto a paper towel lined plate to soak up any juices and fat. Using a butter knife to smear each cutlet with hummus and then dip it into the remaining dukkah ensuring that they are well coated.
- Remove the carrots from the oven and transfer to a bowl. Toss with the sumac and the chopped herbs. Any left-over hummus can be smeared onto a serving plate with the carrots arranged on top and then dolloped with yoghurt and sprinkled with any left-over herbs. Finally arrange the dukkah lamb cutlets on top.
- These are great on their own as a little party snack, or served with a warm salad of roasted root veg and herbs they make a fuss-free week-night meal.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with The Islander Reserve Bark Hut Road Shiraz Cabernet Franc 2014 or a Springs Road Cabernet Sauvignon 2017
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...