Dulce de Leche & Chocolate cookiesMike Reid
Serves 4 to 6
- 150g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 110g soft unsalted butter
- 85g soft light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 1 large free-range egg
- 170g dark chocolate chips
- 80g Dulce de leche
- Vanilla ice cream to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4.
- Measure the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl, forking together to mix.
- With an electric mixer, or by hand, beat the butter and sugar until you have a light and creamy mixture, then add the vanilla paste or extract and the egg, beating again to incorporate.
- Gently fold in the flour mixture, then, once it’s all mixed in, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Add mixture to cast iron dish and top with dulce de leche and add additional chocolate chips. Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden on top but still gooey inside
- Rest for 3 minutes on coming out of the oven and serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Liqueur Muscat.
Can also be made with mangos. Ingredients: 100g Raspberries, frozen (we use Raspberries from Perfection Fresh) 150ml Water 60g Rolled Oats 1 Tbsp Honey, organic 1 Tsp Peanut Butter Roasted nuts to garnish and fresh raspberries Method: Mix the oats, water and...
Ingredients: 150g Soft brown sugar 75g Butter, unsalted 2 Free range Eggs 175g Dates, seeded 100ml Water 50ml Rum 175g Self raising flour 5g Bicarbonate soda 1g mixed spice Tip: Day before making soak the dates in the rum, bicarb of soda and water and leave in...
Ingredients: 250g punnet Qukes, deseeded 1 lime, juice ¼ bunch mint leaves 1tbs gin 150g butter (or dairy-free alternative) 150g golden caster sugar 1tsp vanilla paste 200g self-raising flour Gin Buttercream 125g butter (or dairy-free alternative), softened 65g...
Makes 1 X 15cm Cheesecake Serves: 6 Prep Time: 10 minutes Baking Time: 45 minutes Cooling Time: 3 hours 30 minutes minimum Ingredients: 3 (165g) Eggs 450g Cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened 150g Sugar,...
Time: 30 minutes Easy Ingredients: 1 medium pineapple, peeled, cored and chopped. Top 30ml rum ½ cup brown sugar 1 Tbls pink peppercorns 1 lime, juice and zested 300ml thickened cream 300ml marscapone 1 vanilla bean 1/3 cup icing sugar, sifted 2 large meringues,...
Ingredients: 200g Plain Flour 120ml Buttermilk 100g Caster Sugar 1 Egg, beaten ½ Tsp Baking powder 1 Tsp Vanilla bean paste 200ml Thicken cream 75ml Maple syrup For Blueberry compote 2 punnets Blueberries 100g Caster sugar ½ lemon juice Method: Whisk together...