Dulce de Leche & Chocolate cookiesMike Reid
Serves 4 to 6
- 150g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 110g soft unsalted butter
- 85g soft light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 1 large free-range egg
- 170g dark chocolate chips
- 80g Dulce de leche
- Vanilla ice cream to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4.
- Measure the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl, forking together to mix.
- With an electric mixer, or by hand, beat the butter and sugar until you have a light and creamy mixture, then add the vanilla paste or extract and the egg, beating again to incorporate.
- Gently fold in the flour mixture, then, once it’s all mixed in, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Add mixture to cast iron dish and top with dulce de leche and add additional chocolate chips. Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden on top but still gooey inside
- Rest for 3 minutes on coming out of the oven and serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Liqueur Muscat.
Ingredients: 250g Plain Flour 250g Bread flour 1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp sea salt 125g Butter, unsalted 125g Light brown sugar 125g Caster Sugar 1 large Egg 1 tsp vanilla extract 100g Dark chocolate block 100g White chocolate chips Method: Preheat oven to 180 degrees...
Ingredients: 150g raisins 100ml grappa 400g plain flour 10g yeast 115g sugar 2 eggs 150ml milk 30g toasted pine nuts Zest 1 orange Zest 1 lemon 50g chopped candied fruit Canola oil, for frying Method: Soak the raisins in grappa and let them plump up for 5 minutes,...
Ingredients: 600g assorted stone fruit* Extra virgin olive oil 1 lemon 1 vanilla bean 300g thick Greek yoghurt 2 tbsp floral honey 50g salted macadamia, coarsely chopped Method: Cut and drizzle fruit with olive oil and grill, cut sides down, until juicy and charred,...
Ingredients:Serves 2 4x scoops Ensure chocolate powder 1 cup milk ½ cup cream 1 tbsp. caster sugar 1 tbsp. cornflour 1 tbsp. cocoa powder, sifted 2 tbsp. boiling water 2 egg yolks Shaved dark chocolate and fresh berries to serve Method: Gently heat the milk and cream...
Ingredients: Serves 1 1 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed berries 3 teaspoons chia seeds 1 cup natural yoghurt 3 scoops Ensure Vanilla Powder 3 tablespoons oats 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1⁄2 kiwifruit, sliced (try keeping the skin on) 1 tablespoon dry roasted almonds, roughly...
Ingredients: 175g Oats 3 ripe bananas 1 egg 1 tbsp honey 1/2 tsp baking powder 3 tbsp almond butter 1 punnet of frozen blueberries Pinch of salt Method: 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees2. Puree the bananas together in a mixing bowl, until a thick paste. Fold in the...