Dulce de Leche & Chocolate cookiesMike Reid
Serves 4 to 6
- 150g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 110g soft unsalted butter
- 85g soft light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 1 large free-range egg
- 170g dark chocolate chips
- 80g Dulce de leche
- Vanilla ice cream to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4.
- Measure the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl, forking together to mix.
- With an electric mixer, or by hand, beat the butter and sugar until you have a light and creamy mixture, then add the vanilla paste or extract and the egg, beating again to incorporate.
- Gently fold in the flour mixture, then, once it’s all mixed in, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Add mixture to cast iron dish and top with dulce de leche and add additional chocolate chips. Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden on top but still gooey inside
- Rest for 3 minutes on coming out of the oven and serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Liqueur Muscat.
Ingredients:BASE 3 Egg Yolks 1/2 cup Caster Sugar 125g soft butter 2 cups Self-Raising flour 1 cup orange juice Vanilla TOPPING 3 egg whites 1/2 cup caster sugar 1 cup desiccated coconut Method: Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add yolks and vanilla. Fold in the...
Ingredients: Plant-based milk Chia seeds Cacao powder Maple syrup Vanilla extract or paste Method: Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. If you prefer to eat the seeds whole, you can skip the blender and combine the ingredients...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life.Ingredients: 2 salmon fillets, skin off 1 cup edamame beans, frozen and blanched 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly 1 carrot, ribboned 1 avocado, diced 1/2 bunch spring onions, sliced 1 cup cooked brown...
Ingredients: 7 gm (1 sachet) dried yeast 360 gm plain flour 55 gm (¼ cup) caster sugar 150 ml lukewarm milk 40 gm softened butter 1 egg 250 gm milk chocolate, finely chopped 190 gm crème fraîche 70 ml pouring cream For deep-frying: vegetable oil 3-4 Tim Tams, coarsely...
Ingredients: 4 cups full cream milk 1/2 cup medium-grain rice 1 + 1/2 cups of water 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup caster sugar 2 tbs heaped tbsp cornflour 1 Vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste Traditional topping option Greek Cinnamon to dust the top Or Lotus Biscoff...
Ingredients: 1 very ripe banana (about 120g) 3 eggs, whisked 20g scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder 2 teaspoons of maple syrup 70g (1/2cup) quartered strawberries 1 tablespoon tapioca flour 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil Method: SERVES 1 Place your banana in...