Dumpling Skin / Curry Prawn DumplingsElena Duggan
- 250g Plain flour
- Up to 150g Warm to hot water, recently boiled
- 500g Prawn flesh, roughly diced
- 2lge Green spring onions, finely diced
- 100g Snow peas, finely diced
- 25g Ginger, finely grated
- 25g Stevia, or to taste
- 1 packet/ 92g Packet S&B Golden Curry Mix – Mild
- 100g Water, recently boiled, less or more may be desired
- 25g Sesame oil, for cooking
- 25g Peanut oil, for cooking
- 50g Tamari
- 50g Rice vinegar
- 25g Sesame oil
- 10g Stevia
- 10g Fresh ginger, finely grated
- For the dough, place the flour in the bottom of a large bowl, gradually add water while mixing until starting to pull away from the sides of the bowl, then work into a smooth dough whilst kneading with hands. Cover in plastic wrap and set aside for minimum 30minutes.
- Using your hands, create a donut or ring shape by gently working the dough from the centre out, gently pulling while rolling through hands until diameter is approximately 2.5cm.
- Cut 2.5cm lengths approx. 10g in weight each, turning dough tube 180degrees each cut. Set aside each piece.
- Lightly flour the surface of your board or bench, and using a small rolling pin, roll each piece into a dumpling wrapper rolling with one hand and rotating with the other hand. The centre of the skin will naturally be a little thicker using this method.
- For the filling, place prawns, spring onions, snow peas, ginger and stevia in a bowl and stir thoroughly to combine. Mix curry and half of water in a small jug, and then pour the mix into a bowl. Thoroughly combine, mix needs to be a little more moist, add more water – mix should hold, but be slippery.
- Place dumpling skins on a lined tray with baking paper.
- Brushed edges with water.
- Fold middle bottom to middle top and pinch to seal. Pinch and fold left to middle till closed, then right to middle till closed, and approximately three pleats each side of centre.
- Place oils in a large non-stick fry pan, heat to medium. Place flat sides of dumpling into the fry pan. Fry base for 1-3minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Pour 50-100ml of water on the bottom of the fry pan and place lid on top – allow dumplings to fry from the bottom and team from the top – 5-10minutes should be enough – serve with dipping sauce.
- Whilst dumplings are steaming, prepare the dipping sauce by stirring together in a small bowl.
- Lactose free
- Nut free
- Vegetarian – replace prawns with a mix of green vegetables
- Zero refined sugar
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...