Dumpling Skin / Curry Prawn DumplingsElena Duggan
- 250g Plain flour
- Up to 150g Warm to hot water, recently boiled
- 500g Prawn flesh, roughly diced
- 2lge Green spring onions, finely diced
- 100g Snow peas, finely diced
- 25g Ginger, finely grated
- 25g Stevia, or to taste
- 1 packet/ 92g Packet S&B Golden Curry Mix – Mild
- 100g Water, recently boiled, less or more may be desired
- 25g Sesame oil, for cooking
- 25g Peanut oil, for cooking
- 50g Tamari
- 50g Rice vinegar
- 25g Sesame oil
- 10g Stevia
- 10g Fresh ginger, finely grated
- For the dough, place the flour in the bottom of a large bowl, gradually add water while mixing until starting to pull away from the sides of the bowl, then work into a smooth dough whilst kneading with hands. Cover in plastic wrap and set aside for minimum 30minutes.
- Using your hands, create a donut or ring shape by gently working the dough from the centre out, gently pulling while rolling through hands until diameter is approximately 2.5cm.
- Cut 2.5cm lengths approx. 10g in weight each, turning dough tube 180degrees each cut. Set aside each piece.
- Lightly flour the surface of your board or bench, and using a small rolling pin, roll each piece into a dumpling wrapper rolling with one hand and rotating with the other hand. The centre of the skin will naturally be a little thicker using this method.
- For the filling, place prawns, spring onions, snow peas, ginger and stevia in a bowl and stir thoroughly to combine. Mix curry and half of water in a small jug, and then pour the mix into a bowl. Thoroughly combine, mix needs to be a little more moist, add more water – mix should hold, but be slippery.
- Place dumpling skins on a lined tray with baking paper.
- Brushed edges with water.
- Fold middle bottom to middle top and pinch to seal. Pinch and fold left to middle till closed, then right to middle till closed, and approximately three pleats each side of centre.
- Place oils in a large non-stick fry pan, heat to medium. Place flat sides of dumpling into the fry pan. Fry base for 1-3minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Pour 50-100ml of water on the bottom of the fry pan and place lid on top – allow dumplings to fry from the bottom and team from the top – 5-10minutes should be enough – serve with dipping sauce.
- Whilst dumplings are steaming, prepare the dipping sauce by stirring together in a small bowl.
- Lactose free
- Nut free
- Vegetarian – replace prawns with a mix of green vegetables
- Zero refined sugar
Ingredients: 2 cup caster sugar 2 cups soy sauce 1 cup shao-hsing wine 3L water 2 inch piece ginger 8 cloves garlic 6 spring onions, 5cm batons 8 star anise 8 coriander seeds 4 cinnamon quills 4 cloves 2 pork trotters Method: Place an even layer of sugar in a large...
Ingredients: 2 cups of black-eyed beans 1 bunch of English spinach (or baby spinach, if preferred), Roughly chopped and thoroughly washed 6 spring onions, finely chopped 1 onion, sliced 1/2 cup of olive oil 1 tbsp white wine vinegar juice of 1 lemon a few sprigs of...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes and Big4 Holiday Parks Assortment of Sausages 100ml Mayonnaise ½ bulb of roasted black garlic ½ lemon juiced Long metal skewers Method: Grill your sausages on your bbq until...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian InspirationsSalmon: 200g Fresh Australian salmon, skin on, pin bones removed 50ml Vegetable oil Miso Glaze: 50g White miso paste 50ml Obento Mirin Seasoning 50g Sugar Togarashi Crackers: 1 each...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 brown onion, finely grated 2 cloves garlic, finely grated 1g saffron threads 400g Arborio Rice ½ cup dry white wine 1.5 Litres Vegetable stock 50g unsalted butter 125g parmesan, finely grated Method:...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...