Dumpling Skin / Curry Prawn DumplingsElena Duggan
- 250g Plain flour
- Up to 150g Warm to hot water, recently boiled
- 500g Prawn flesh, roughly diced
- 2lge Green spring onions, finely diced
- 100g Snow peas, finely diced
- 25g Ginger, finely grated
- 25g Stevia, or to taste
- 1 packet/ 92g Packet S&B Golden Curry Mix – Mild
- 100g Water, recently boiled, less or more may be desired
- 25g Sesame oil, for cooking
- 25g Peanut oil, for cooking
- 50g Tamari
- 50g Rice vinegar
- 25g Sesame oil
- 10g Stevia
- 10g Fresh ginger, finely grated
- For the dough, place the flour in the bottom of a large bowl, gradually add water while mixing until starting to pull away from the sides of the bowl, then work into a smooth dough whilst kneading with hands. Cover in plastic wrap and set aside for minimum 30minutes.
- Using your hands, create a donut or ring shape by gently working the dough from the centre out, gently pulling while rolling through hands until diameter is approximately 2.5cm.
- Cut 2.5cm lengths approx. 10g in weight each, turning dough tube 180degrees each cut. Set aside each piece.
- Lightly flour the surface of your board or bench, and using a small rolling pin, roll each piece into a dumpling wrapper rolling with one hand and rotating with the other hand. The centre of the skin will naturally be a little thicker using this method.
- For the filling, place prawns, spring onions, snow peas, ginger and stevia in a bowl and stir thoroughly to combine. Mix curry and half of water in a small jug, and then pour the mix into a bowl. Thoroughly combine, mix needs to be a little more moist, add more water – mix should hold, but be slippery.
- Place dumpling skins on a lined tray with baking paper.
- Brushed edges with water.
- Fold middle bottom to middle top and pinch to seal. Pinch and fold left to middle till closed, then right to middle till closed, and approximately three pleats each side of centre.
- Place oils in a large non-stick fry pan, heat to medium. Place flat sides of dumpling into the fry pan. Fry base for 1-3minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Pour 50-100ml of water on the bottom of the fry pan and place lid on top – allow dumplings to fry from the bottom and team from the top – 5-10minutes should be enough – serve with dipping sauce.
- Whilst dumplings are steaming, prepare the dipping sauce by stirring together in a small bowl.
- Lactose free
- Nut free
- Vegetarian – replace prawns with a mix of green vegetables
- Zero refined sugar
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente. In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...