Dumpling Skin / Curry Prawn DumplingsElena Duggan
- 250g Plain flour
- Up to 150g Warm to hot water, recently boiled
- 500g Prawn flesh, roughly diced
- 2lge Green spring onions, finely diced
- 100g Snow peas, finely diced
- 25g Ginger, finely grated
- 25g Stevia, or to taste
- 1 packet/ 92g Packet S&B Golden Curry Mix – Mild
- 100g Water, recently boiled, less or more may be desired
- 25g Sesame oil, for cooking
- 25g Peanut oil, for cooking
- 50g Tamari
- 50g Rice vinegar
- 25g Sesame oil
- 10g Stevia
- 10g Fresh ginger, finely grated
- For the dough, place the flour in the bottom of a large bowl, gradually add water while mixing until starting to pull away from the sides of the bowl, then work into a smooth dough whilst kneading with hands. Cover in plastic wrap and set aside for minimum 30minutes.
- Using your hands, create a donut or ring shape by gently working the dough from the centre out, gently pulling while rolling through hands until diameter is approximately 2.5cm.
- Cut 2.5cm lengths approx. 10g in weight each, turning dough tube 180degrees each cut. Set aside each piece.
- Lightly flour the surface of your board or bench, and using a small rolling pin, roll each piece into a dumpling wrapper rolling with one hand and rotating with the other hand. The centre of the skin will naturally be a little thicker using this method.
- For the filling, place prawns, spring onions, snow peas, ginger and stevia in a bowl and stir thoroughly to combine. Mix curry and half of water in a small jug, and then pour the mix into a bowl. Thoroughly combine, mix needs to be a little more moist, add more water – mix should hold, but be slippery.
- Place dumpling skins on a lined tray with baking paper.
- Brushed edges with water.
- Fold middle bottom to middle top and pinch to seal. Pinch and fold left to middle till closed, then right to middle till closed, and approximately three pleats each side of centre.
- Place oils in a large non-stick fry pan, heat to medium. Place flat sides of dumpling into the fry pan. Fry base for 1-3minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Pour 50-100ml of water on the bottom of the fry pan and place lid on top – allow dumplings to fry from the bottom and team from the top – 5-10minutes should be enough – serve with dipping sauce.
- Whilst dumplings are steaming, prepare the dipping sauce by stirring together in a small bowl.
- Lactose free
- Nut free
- Vegetarian – replace prawns with a mix of green vegetables
- Zero refined sugar
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...