Egg Plant Parmigiana
- Tomato Sauce
- Tinned Tomatoes
- 2-3 Eggplants
- 3 Eggs
- Olive Oil
- For your sauce, cook down garlic and ripped basil leaves in olive oil. Then add tinned tomatoes, salt and pepper and simmer off to the side while you begin preparing eggplant.
- Take your eggplants and slice them lengthways into thick pieces to layer in your parmigiana.
- Flour and then egg wash each piece of eggplant, then fry off in a pan with olive oil. Fry until golden on each side
Remove eggplant from the pan and place on a paper towel to soak up excess oil. Season with salt.
- In your baking dish, ladle a layer of sauce on the bottom to prevent eggplant from sticking and burning.
- The Layer order will be sauce, eggplant, parmesan, Mozzarella and basil, then repeat till the dish is full to the top. Make sure each layer is flat and not overlapping.
- Place the baking dish on a tray, in case the parmigiana bubbles over. Put into a 180 degree oven for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through and the cheese on top is melted and golden brown.
Ready to serve