Elvis QuesadillasElena Duggan
- 50-100g Peanut butter, organic, sugar free, salt free or homemade
- 4 med Bananas, sliced in 5-7mm discs, as under ripe but edible as possible
- 4-8 rashers Bacon, depending on size, two strips should cover width of wrap
- 50-75g Honey
- 4 gluten free Black Rice Simsons Pantry Wraps
- Butter to toast
- Fry or grill bacon in fry pan or in oven-grill until just cooked through but not overly crispy.
- Place wraps into a sandwich press or microwave for 20-30 seconds to warm.
- Spread peanut butter over almost half of wrap, about 1 cm from the edges, as it will ooze on heating.
- Preheat non-stick fry pan, and melt a small amount of butter in the base.
- Place slices of banana over peanut butter, bacon and drizzle honey as desired over the top.
- Fold wraps in half, closing empty half over full half and gently place into fry pan, you should be able to cook two at a time. If desired and easy, flip after 2 minutes to toast both sides for more even heating.
- Cut in half and serve immediately.
- For extra indulgence, serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
This is a sometimes food – however, this dish isn’t a terrible option when craving sweet savoury foods, or requiring a ‘treat’ if using:
- best quality peanut butter available,
- organic nitrate free bacon,
- organic green bananas
- organic honey
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...