Elvis QuesadillasElena Duggan
- 50-100g Peanut butter, organic, sugar free, salt free or homemade
- 4 med Bananas, sliced in 5-7mm discs, as under ripe but edible as possible
- 4-8 rashers Bacon, depending on size, two strips should cover width of wrap
- 50-75g Honey
- 4 gluten free Black Rice Simsons Pantry Wraps
- Butter to toast
- Fry or grill bacon in fry pan or in oven-grill until just cooked through but not overly crispy.
- Place wraps into a sandwich press or microwave for 20-30 seconds to warm.
- Spread peanut butter over almost half of wrap, about 1 cm from the edges, as it will ooze on heating.
- Preheat non-stick fry pan, and melt a small amount of butter in the base.
- Place slices of banana over peanut butter, bacon and drizzle honey as desired over the top.
- Fold wraps in half, closing empty half over full half and gently place into fry pan, you should be able to cook two at a time. If desired and easy, flip after 2 minutes to toast both sides for more even heating.
- Cut in half and serve immediately.
- For extra indulgence, serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
This is a sometimes food – however, this dish isn’t a terrible option when craving sweet savoury foods, or requiring a ‘treat’ if using:
- best quality peanut butter available,
- organic nitrate free bacon,
- organic green bananas
- organic honey
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...