Elvis QuesadillasElena Duggan
- 50-100g Peanut butter, organic, sugar free, salt free or homemade
- 4 med Bananas, sliced in 5-7mm discs, as under ripe but edible as possible
- 4-8 rashers Bacon, depending on size, two strips should cover width of wrap
- 50-75g Honey
- 4 gluten free Black Rice Simsons Pantry Wraps
- Butter to toast
- Fry or grill bacon in fry pan or in oven-grill until just cooked through but not overly crispy.
- Place wraps into a sandwich press or microwave for 20-30 seconds to warm.
- Spread peanut butter over almost half of wrap, about 1 cm from the edges, as it will ooze on heating.
- Preheat non-stick fry pan, and melt a small amount of butter in the base.
- Place slices of banana over peanut butter, bacon and drizzle honey as desired over the top.
- Fold wraps in half, closing empty half over full half and gently place into fry pan, you should be able to cook two at a time. If desired and easy, flip after 2 minutes to toast both sides for more even heating.
- Cut in half and serve immediately.
- For extra indulgence, serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
This is a sometimes food – however, this dish isn’t a terrible option when craving sweet savoury foods, or requiring a ‘treat’ if using:
- best quality peanut butter available,
- organic nitrate free bacon,
- organic green bananas
- organic honey
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...