Elvis QuesadillasElena Duggan
- 50-100g Peanut butter, organic, sugar free, salt free or homemade
- 4 med Bananas, sliced in 5-7mm discs, as under ripe but edible as possible
- 4-8 rashers Bacon, depending on size, two strips should cover width of wrap
- 50-75g Honey
- 4 gluten free Black Rice Simsons Pantry Wraps
- Butter to toast
- Fry or grill bacon in fry pan or in oven-grill until just cooked through but not overly crispy.
- Place wraps into a sandwich press or microwave for 20-30 seconds to warm.
- Spread peanut butter over almost half of wrap, about 1 cm from the edges, as it will ooze on heating.
- Preheat non-stick fry pan, and melt a small amount of butter in the base.
- Place slices of banana over peanut butter, bacon and drizzle honey as desired over the top.
- Fold wraps in half, closing empty half over full half and gently place into fry pan, you should be able to cook two at a time. If desired and easy, flip after 2 minutes to toast both sides for more even heating.
- Cut in half and serve immediately.
- For extra indulgence, serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
This is a sometimes food – however, this dish isn’t a terrible option when craving sweet savoury foods, or requiring a ‘treat’ if using:
- best quality peanut butter available,
- organic nitrate free bacon,
- organic green bananas
- organic honey
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...