Elvis QuesadillasElena Duggan
- 50-100g Peanut butter, organic, sugar free, salt free or homemade
- 4 med Bananas, sliced in 5-7mm discs, as under ripe but edible as possible
- 4-8 rashers Bacon, depending on size, two strips should cover width of wrap
- 50-75g Honey
- 4 gluten free Black Rice Simsons Pantry Wraps
- Butter to toast
- Fry or grill bacon in fry pan or in oven-grill until just cooked through but not overly crispy.
- Place wraps into a sandwich press or microwave for 20-30 seconds to warm.
- Spread peanut butter over almost half of wrap, about 1 cm from the edges, as it will ooze on heating.
- Preheat non-stick fry pan, and melt a small amount of butter in the base.
- Place slices of banana over peanut butter, bacon and drizzle honey as desired over the top.
- Fold wraps in half, closing empty half over full half and gently place into fry pan, you should be able to cook two at a time. If desired and easy, flip after 2 minutes to toast both sides for more even heating.
- Cut in half and serve immediately.
- For extra indulgence, serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
This is a sometimes food – however, this dish isn’t a terrible option when craving sweet savoury foods, or requiring a ‘treat’ if using:
- best quality peanut butter available,
- organic nitrate free bacon,
- organic green bananas
- organic honey
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...