End of Week Ginger & Carrot SoupKhanh Ong
- 1 tsp EVOO
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- one thumb sized piece of ginger grated
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 200g sweet potato peeled and grated
- 2 large carrots (350g) peeled and grated
- 500ml Massel chicken stock
- a pinch of salt
- 60g Jalna Biodynamic yoghurt
- Chopped chives
- White pepper
- In a medium pot on medium heat, add EVOO and onions. cook for 4-5 minutes until onions are softened
- Add garlic, ginger, cumin, garlic powder and bay leaf for 1 minute until aromatic.
- Add sweet potato, carrots, chicken stock and salt. Reduce heat to low and cook for 8-12 minutes until soft.
- Set aside to cool and then remove bay leaves and blend veg.
Ingredients: Serves 4 8 Moreton Bay bugs 200g thinly sliced dried pancetta 8 bay leaves 4 ripe figs, halved 2 tablespoons olive oil Juice of 1 lemon Method: Prepare your barbecue for direct grilling over a high heat. Prepare the bugs by removing the meat from the...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Teaspoon coconut sugar 6 freshly picked mint leaves Approx 500ml SodaStream Carbonated Water 10-15 assorted fresh berries One lime, halved Ice Method: Start by bringing together the coconut sugar and the mint in a food processor or alternatively...
Ingredients: Serves: 3 2 cup water 3 tbsp Valcom Tom Yum Paste 1 cup button mushrooms, halved 300g chicken fillet, sliced 1⁄4 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk 4 tbsp Valcom Kaffir Lime Leaves 1 stalk coriander coarsely chopped 1 red chilli, cut diagonally Method: Bring...
Ingredients: Serves 4 2 medium eggplant 2 tablespoons of olive oil ½ cup miso paste 4 tablespoons mirin 2 tablespoons sugar 2 tablespoons sake White sesame seeds for garnish Method: Preheat the oven to 220C. Slice the eggplants in half and carefully score the eggplant...
Ingredients: Serves 4-6 1tbsp whole white peppercorns 2tbsp grated fresh turmeric 1 heaped tbsp grated fresh ginger 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 5 thinly sliced cloves Juice of 2 limes, plus wedges to serve 5 coriander roots (from a fresh bunch) 1kg Ling, scaled,...