Falafel Spiced YoghurtBen O'Donoghue
- 2 ½ cups of chickpeas soaked for at least 24 hours
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1/2 cup of chopped spring onions
- 1tbsp of chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped chilli
- 1 teaspoon Sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Freshly ground Pepper
- 1 whole egg
- Wholemeal Pitta Breads bought
- Quinoa salad
- Soak the chickpeas for 24 hours or overnight in plenty of fresh cold water, and then drain them well.
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until fine crumbs, add the egg and blitz for a further minute or two.
- Allow to stand covered in the refrigerator for two hours. Then mould into flat balls between two soup spoons pushing them from the spoon into hot sunflower oil (about 170 degrees) and cook until a dark golden colour.
- Drain on absorbent paper until required
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...