Falafel Spiced YoghurtBen O'Donoghue
- 2 ½ cups of chickpeas soaked for at least 24 hours
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1/2 cup of chopped spring onions
- 1tbsp of chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped chilli
- 1 teaspoon Sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Freshly ground Pepper
- 1 whole egg
- Wholemeal Pitta Breads bought
- Quinoa salad
- Soak the chickpeas for 24 hours or overnight in plenty of fresh cold water, and then drain them well.
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until fine crumbs, add the egg and blitz for a further minute or two.
- Allow to stand covered in the refrigerator for two hours. Then mould into flat balls between two soup spoons pushing them from the spoon into hot sunflower oil (about 170 degrees) and cook until a dark golden colour.
- Drain on absorbent paper until required
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...