Fettuccine CarbonaraBen O'Donoghue
- 250g egg pasta, of your choice
- 200g pancetta cut into lardons or thin strips
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 100ml full cream
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- To start the sauce, heat the olive oil in a sauté pan or large fry pan.
- Add the pancetta and fry until crisp and set the pan aside keep warm
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water, stirring occasionally.
- Rub a bowl with the clove of garlic pressing hard to break the clove and leave the flavour in the bowl. Then mix the cream with eggs in the bowl and mix well.
- When the pasta is cooked drain and add to the pancetta pan carry a little pasta water with the pasta.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the egg mixture.
- Season with cracked black pepper grated parmesan and gently heat to thicken the egg sauce, mixing well
- Serve the pasta in a warm bowl with lashings of extra parmesan.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...