Fettuccine CarbonaraBen O'Donoghue
- 250g egg pasta, of your choice
- 200g pancetta cut into lardons or thin strips
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 100ml full cream
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- To start the sauce, heat the olive oil in a sauté pan or large fry pan.
- Add the pancetta and fry until crisp and set the pan aside keep warm
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water, stirring occasionally.
- Rub a bowl with the clove of garlic pressing hard to break the clove and leave the flavour in the bowl. Then mix the cream with eggs in the bowl and mix well.
- When the pasta is cooked drain and add to the pancetta pan carry a little pasta water with the pasta.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the egg mixture.
- Season with cracked black pepper grated parmesan and gently heat to thicken the egg sauce, mixing well
- Serve the pasta in a warm bowl with lashings of extra parmesan.
Ingredients: 2 heads broccoli 1 large leek, halved lengthwise, rinsed 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 head garlic, unpeeled 4 cups (1L) chicken or vegetable stock 120g baby spinach leaves 125g sour cream, plus extra to serve Chilli flakes & herbs, such as basil,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations Ingredients: 2 pieces Shimeji mushroom (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Red capsicum (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Zucchini (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Eggplant (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Sweet potato...
Ingredients: 30ml Vegetable oil 1 tin of chopped tomatoes 3 small red onions, 1 sliced, 2 roughly chopped 1 Red Scotch bonnet, finely chopped 100g Tomato paste 2 Tsp curry powder 1 Tsp Thyme, Fresh preferably but dried will also work 2 Bay leaves 1lt Chicken...
Ingredients:For pastry: 225g Plain Flour 100g Butter, unsalted (Make sure it’s really cold!) 4 Tbsp water, chilled For Filling: 250ml Cream 2 Large Eggs 200g Gaunchalie (or bacon) 1 Brown Onion, diced 100g Heritage baby tomatoes (halved) 125g Gruyère cheese 50g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Ocean Spray Ingredients: 400g Venison Loin 1 Carrot chopped 1 Brown onion, diced 1 Bay Leaf 2 Sprigs Rosemary 1 Bulb Garlic 1 Glass Red wine 1 Tbsp Tomato paste 700ml Beef Stock 100g Dark chocolate ...
Ingredients: 100g self raising flour 1 egg 3 tbs sour cream 2 tins corn ½ bunch coriander 1 bunch spring onions 2 avocados 1 shallot 1 long red chilli 2 limes Method: n a mixing bowl, combine your egg, the tinned corn, ½ a shallot, sour cream and flour together,...