Fettuccine CarbonaraBen O'Donoghue
- 250g egg pasta, of your choice
- 200g pancetta cut into lardons or thin strips
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 100ml full cream
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- To start the sauce, heat the olive oil in a sauté pan or large fry pan.
- Add the pancetta and fry until crisp and set the pan aside keep warm
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water, stirring occasionally.
- Rub a bowl with the clove of garlic pressing hard to break the clove and leave the flavour in the bowl. Then mix the cream with eggs in the bowl and mix well.
- When the pasta is cooked drain and add to the pancetta pan carry a little pasta water with the pasta.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the egg mixture.
- Season with cracked black pepper grated parmesan and gently heat to thicken the egg sauce, mixing well
- Serve the pasta in a warm bowl with lashings of extra parmesan.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...