Fettuccine CarbonaraBen O'Donoghue
- 250g egg pasta, of your choice
- 200g pancetta cut into lardons or thin strips
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 100ml full cream
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- To start the sauce, heat the olive oil in a sauté pan or large fry pan.
- Add the pancetta and fry until crisp and set the pan aside keep warm
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water, stirring occasionally.
- Rub a bowl with the clove of garlic pressing hard to break the clove and leave the flavour in the bowl. Then mix the cream with eggs in the bowl and mix well.
- When the pasta is cooked drain and add to the pancetta pan carry a little pasta water with the pasta.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the egg mixture.
- Season with cracked black pepper grated parmesan and gently heat to thicken the egg sauce, mixing well
- Serve the pasta in a warm bowl with lashings of extra parmesan.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...