Fig CarpaccioBen O'Donoghue
- 10 ripe figs
- 2 long red chillies
- ½ bunch basil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices of sour dough bread
- 50g parmesan cheese
- 2 whole buffalo mozzarella
- ½ cup of crème criache
- Baking paper
- Grill the chillies on your stovetop to blacken and blister. Then place in a small bowl and wrap in cling film to steam. Once cold peel of the skin and remove the seeds. Then cut into strips
- Cut the figs in half. Place half a fig skin side up one at a time between a folded sheet of baking paper and flatten with a small plate or better still a tortilla press. Turn the pressed figs on to a flat platter.
- Season the figs with salt and pepper, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the mozzarella balls into 1/4s and fold the crème Fraiche with the mozzarella. Drizzle this with some extra virgin olive oil.
- Arrange the mozzarella over the figs in a random pattern. Place the ribbons of chilli over the mozzarella and then garnish with the basil leaves
- Toast the sour dough and then drizzle with more olive oil.
- Finally using a micro plane grate a flurry of parmesan cheese over everything.
For chef quality results, we recommend using Anolon cookware!
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...