Fig CarpaccioBen O'Donoghue
- 10 ripe figs
- 2 long red chillies
- ½ bunch basil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices of sour dough bread
- 50g parmesan cheese
- 2 whole buffalo mozzarella
- ½ cup of crème criache
- Baking paper
- Grill the chillies on your stovetop to blacken and blister. Then place in a small bowl and wrap in cling film to steam. Once cold peel of the skin and remove the seeds. Then cut into strips
- Cut the figs in half. Place half a fig skin side up one at a time between a folded sheet of baking paper and flatten with a small plate or better still a tortilla press. Turn the pressed figs on to a flat platter.
- Season the figs with salt and pepper, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the mozzarella balls into 1/4s and fold the crème Fraiche with the mozzarella. Drizzle this with some extra virgin olive oil.
- Arrange the mozzarella over the figs in a random pattern. Place the ribbons of chilli over the mozzarella and then garnish with the basil leaves
- Toast the sour dough and then drizzle with more olive oil.
- Finally using a micro plane grate a flurry of parmesan cheese over everything.
For chef quality results, we recommend using Anolon cookware!
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...