Fig CarpaccioBen O'Donoghue
- 10 ripe figs
- 2 long red chillies
- ½ bunch basil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices of sour dough bread
- 50g parmesan cheese
- 2 whole buffalo mozzarella
- ½ cup of crème criache
- Baking paper
- Grill the chillies on your stovetop to blacken and blister. Then place in a small bowl and wrap in cling film to steam. Once cold peel of the skin and remove the seeds. Then cut into strips
- Cut the figs in half. Place half a fig skin side up one at a time between a folded sheet of baking paper and flatten with a small plate or better still a tortilla press. Turn the pressed figs on to a flat platter.
- Season the figs with salt and pepper, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the mozzarella balls into 1/4s and fold the crème Fraiche with the mozzarella. Drizzle this with some extra virgin olive oil.
- Arrange the mozzarella over the figs in a random pattern. Place the ribbons of chilli over the mozzarella and then garnish with the basil leaves
- Toast the sour dough and then drizzle with more olive oil.
- Finally using a micro plane grate a flurry of parmesan cheese over everything.
For chef quality results, we recommend using Anolon cookware!
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...