Fig CarpaccioBen O'Donoghue
- 10 ripe figs
- 2 long red chillies
- ½ bunch basil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices of sour dough bread
- 50g parmesan cheese
- 2 whole buffalo mozzarella
- ½ cup of crème criache
- Baking paper
- Grill the chillies on your stovetop to blacken and blister. Then place in a small bowl and wrap in cling film to steam. Once cold peel of the skin and remove the seeds. Then cut into strips
- Cut the figs in half. Place half a fig skin side up one at a time between a folded sheet of baking paper and flatten with a small plate or better still a tortilla press. Turn the pressed figs on to a flat platter.
- Season the figs with salt and pepper, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the mozzarella balls into 1/4s and fold the crème Fraiche with the mozzarella. Drizzle this with some extra virgin olive oil.
- Arrange the mozzarella over the figs in a random pattern. Place the ribbons of chilli over the mozzarella and then garnish with the basil leaves
- Toast the sour dough and then drizzle with more olive oil.
- Finally using a micro plane grate a flurry of parmesan cheese over everything.
For chef quality results, we recommend using Anolon cookware!
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...