Fig CarpaccioBen O'Donoghue
- 10 ripe figs
- 2 long red chillies
- ½ bunch basil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices of sour dough bread
- 50g parmesan cheese
- 2 whole buffalo mozzarella
- ½ cup of crème criache
- Baking paper
- Grill the chillies on your stovetop to blacken and blister. Then place in a small bowl and wrap in cling film to steam. Once cold peel of the skin and remove the seeds. Then cut into strips
- Cut the figs in half. Place half a fig skin side up one at a time between a folded sheet of baking paper and flatten with a small plate or better still a tortilla press. Turn the pressed figs on to a flat platter.
- Season the figs with salt and pepper, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the mozzarella balls into 1/4s and fold the crème Fraiche with the mozzarella. Drizzle this with some extra virgin olive oil.
- Arrange the mozzarella over the figs in a random pattern. Place the ribbons of chilli over the mozzarella and then garnish with the basil leaves
- Toast the sour dough and then drizzle with more olive oil.
- Finally using a micro plane grate a flurry of parmesan cheese over everything.
For chef quality results, we recommend using Anolon cookware!
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...