Fish TacosMike Reid
- 200g King George whiting, cut into strips
- 8 small soft shell taco wraps
- ¼ Red cabbage, thinly sliced
- Canola Oil for frying
- 100g Rice Flour
- 100g 00 Flour
- 10ml Ice cold sparkling
Green Chilli Sauce:
- 2 ripe kiwi fruit
- 4 spring onions
- 1 fresh jalapeño or green chilli
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander, (30g)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tbsp chipotle sauce
- To make the batter, mix the rice and 00 flour together with the iced cold sparkling water, season with a touch of salt and pepper.
- Peel the kiwi fruit, cut in half and put into a large dry non-stick frying pan on a medium heat with the green halves of the spring onions and the deseeded chilli.
- Lightly scald it all, turning every now and again, then place in a blender with half the coriander, the juice of 1 lime and a few drops of chipotle sauce. Blitz until smooth, then taste and season.
- Warm your wraps in the oven wrapped inside a damp towel. Coat your fish in the batter and then gently fry it off until golden and crispy before draining on a towel.
- Assemble your tacos and enjoy.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Gruner Veltliner.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...