Fish TacosMike Reid
- 200g King George whiting, cut into strips
- 8 small soft shell taco wraps
- ¼ Red cabbage, thinly sliced
- Canola Oil for frying
- 100g Rice Flour
- 100g 00 Flour
- 10ml Ice cold sparkling
Green Chilli Sauce:
- 2 ripe kiwi fruit
- 4 spring onions
- 1 fresh jalapeño or green chilli
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander, (30g)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tbsp chipotle sauce
- To make the batter, mix the rice and 00 flour together with the iced cold sparkling water, season with a touch of salt and pepper.
- Peel the kiwi fruit, cut in half and put into a large dry non-stick frying pan on a medium heat with the green halves of the spring onions and the deseeded chilli.
- Lightly scald it all, turning every now and again, then place in a blender with half the coriander, the juice of 1 lime and a few drops of chipotle sauce. Blitz until smooth, then taste and season.
- Warm your wraps in the oven wrapped inside a damp towel. Coat your fish in the batter and then gently fry it off until golden and crispy before draining on a towel.
- Assemble your tacos and enjoy.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Gruner Veltliner.
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente. In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...