Fish TacosMike Reid
- 200g King George whiting, cut into strips
- 8 small soft shell taco wraps
- ¼ Red cabbage, thinly sliced
- Canola Oil for frying
- 100g Rice Flour
- 100g 00 Flour
- 10ml Ice cold sparkling
Green Chilli Sauce:
- 2 ripe kiwi fruit
- 4 spring onions
- 1 fresh jalapeño or green chilli
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander, (30g)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tbsp chipotle sauce
- To make the batter, mix the rice and 00 flour together with the iced cold sparkling water, season with a touch of salt and pepper.
- Peel the kiwi fruit, cut in half and put into a large dry non-stick frying pan on a medium heat with the green halves of the spring onions and the deseeded chilli.
- Lightly scald it all, turning every now and again, then place in a blender with half the coriander, the juice of 1 lime and a few drops of chipotle sauce. Blitz until smooth, then taste and season.
- Warm your wraps in the oven wrapped inside a damp towel. Coat your fish in the batter and then gently fry it off until golden and crispy before draining on a towel.
- Assemble your tacos and enjoy.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Gruner Veltliner.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...