Fish TacosMike Reid
- 200g King George whiting, cut into strips
- 8 small soft shell taco wraps
- ¼ Red cabbage, thinly sliced
- Canola Oil for frying
- 100g Rice Flour
- 100g 00 Flour
- 10ml Ice cold sparkling
Green Chilli Sauce:
- 2 ripe kiwi fruit
- 4 spring onions
- 1 fresh jalapeño or green chilli
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander, (30g)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tbsp chipotle sauce
- To make the batter, mix the rice and 00 flour together with the iced cold sparkling water, season with a touch of salt and pepper.
- Peel the kiwi fruit, cut in half and put into a large dry non-stick frying pan on a medium heat with the green halves of the spring onions and the deseeded chilli.
- Lightly scald it all, turning every now and again, then place in a blender with half the coriander, the juice of 1 lime and a few drops of chipotle sauce. Blitz until smooth, then taste and season.
- Warm your wraps in the oven wrapped inside a damp towel. Coat your fish in the batter and then gently fry it off until golden and crispy before draining on a towel.
- Assemble your tacos and enjoy.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Gruner Veltliner.
Ingredients: 500g fresh broad beans, in their pods 3–4 small fennel bulbs 250g frozen peas, thawed and rinsed 1 red onion, finely sliced 1 cup dill, finely chopped 1⁄2 bunch mint, finely chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish 1⁄2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes Romesco Sauce: 4 large red peppers 2 garlic cloves 150g ground almonds 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil 100ml extra virgin olive oil 20ml apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp smoked paprika 1...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 1 cup Vegetable oil 4 eggs 3 lap cheong sausages, thinly sliced 2 Tbsp XO Sauce 100gm cherry tomatoes, halved ½ red onion, thinly sliced 1 green chilli, thinly sliced ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped Method: Heat oil in a wok over a...
Ingredients: ½ cup dried scallops ½ cup dried shrimp 300ml Shaoxing wine 6 long red chillies, roughly chopped 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped 1 head garlic (10-12 cloves), peeled, roughly chopped 2 large red shallots, roughly chopped 1 large rasher bacon,...
Ingredients: Filling: 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely 500g ricotta 1 egg 50g grated parmigiano cheese Sea salt Freshly cracked black pepper 1/3 nutmeg grated Sugo: 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 long red...
Ingredients: 100g butter 200g finely grated pecorino cheese Salt Black pepper, freshly ground Pasta Dough: 100g semolina flour 100g plain flour 80ml - 100ml water Pinch of salt Method: Make the pasta dough and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Cut the dough into long...