Fresh Fennel, Pea and Broad BeanKathy Tsaples
- 500g fresh broad beans, in their pods
- 3–4 small fennel bulbs
- 250g frozen peas, thawed and rinsed
- 1 red onion, finely sliced 1 cup dill, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch mint, finely chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish
- 1⁄2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish
- 4 tbsp Greek extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp pepper
- Double-pod the broad beans so you are left with the tender, bright green beans.
- Remove the stalks and trim the bases of the fennel bulbs, reserving some of the small, bright green inner fronds for the garnish. Using a mandolin or food processor, finely shave the fennel and red onion.
- Place the broad beans, fennel, peas, onion and herbs in a large bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together, pour over the salad and toss well. Taste and adjust the seasoning and lemon juice as required. Finish with the fennel fronds, mint and parsley leaves.
- Tip: Use 300 g frozen broad beans if fresh are not available, or to save time. Simply thaw, rinse and peel off the outer skin.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...