Fruit, Beets and Radish SaladElena Duggan
- 1 med beetroot, peeled and finely shaved
- 2 med Target beetroots, peeled and finely shaved
- 4 med radishes, finely shaved
- 5 medium figs, quartered
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only
- 50g Pink and purple microherbs (radish/ purple basil/ red kale/ red garnet/ sorrel)
- Homemade Labne
- 100g EVOO, Australian
- 75g Red wine or raspberry vinegar
- White pepper, to taste
- Murray River salt, to taste
- Stevia optional
- Hazelnuts toasted and roughly chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine vinegar, pepper and salt and toss beetroot through gently, set aside to soften, pickle and gently marinate for up to 30 minutes.
- Drain the beetroot but reserve liquid. Whisk olive oil through remaining liquid to create dressing. Adjust acidity with stevia if desired.
- On a large flat platter, arrange beetroot, radishes, and figs, and then scatter pomegranate seeds, microherbs and dollops of goat’s cheese or Labne.
- Drizzle over desired quantity of dressing.
- Fresh raspberries and blackberries are a nice alternative or addition to the figs.
- Coconut yoghurt can be substituted for goats cheese for a dairy free/ vegan alternative.
- Instead using Labne, you could also use 125g Goats chevre or Danish feta
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Nut free
- Vegan option
- Paleo option
- Low fructose/ sugar free
Ingredients: Serves 4 10 ripe figs 2 long red chillies ½ bunch basil Extra virgin olive oil 4 slices of sour dough bread 50g parmesan cheese 2 whole buffalo mozzarella ½ cup of crème criache Baking paper Method: Grill the chillies on your stovetop to blacken and...
Ingredients: 4 thick pork loin chops skin off 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped 1 stick of rosemary, leaves picked and roughly chopped 4 fresh bay leaves, roughly chopped 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 1/4 cup olive oil 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper Flaky salt Apple...
Ingredients: Serves 6 2 bulbs garlic 6 large chicken thighs, on the bone, skin on 4 long stalks rosemary, sprigs removed (about 20) 1/4 bunch thyme salt and freshly ground black pepper A drizzle of olive oil Approx. 500 ml (17 fl oz/2 cups) Massel https://massel.com/...
Ingredients: Yorkshire Pudding Batter 225gm flour Pinch salt 3 eggs whole 200ml milk 200ml water The Toad 8 course minced pork sausages 4 Streaky bacon rashers 8inch long fresh rosemary sprigs Cracked black pepper Veg oil 1/2 cup The Sauce 1 large brown onion peeled...
Ingredients: 320g semolina plus a little extra 40g greens such as spinach or Tuscan kale Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sea salt and cracked pepper Pesto 1 garlic clove, peeled 20g pine nuts 50g wild rocket 25g parmesan plus a little extra Juice of 1 lemon Method: To make the...
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...