Fruit, Beets and Radish SaladElena Duggan
- 1 med beetroot, peeled and finely shaved
- 2 med Target beetroots, peeled and finely shaved
- 4 med radishes, finely shaved
- 5 medium figs, quartered
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only
- 50g Pink and purple microherbs (radish/ purple basil/ red kale/ red garnet/ sorrel)
- Homemade Labne
- 100g EVOO, Australian
- 75g Red wine or raspberry vinegar
- White pepper, to taste
- Murray River salt, to taste
- Stevia optional
- Hazelnuts toasted and roughly chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine vinegar, pepper and salt and toss beetroot through gently, set aside to soften, pickle and gently marinate for up to 30 minutes.
- Drain the beetroot but reserve liquid. Whisk olive oil through remaining liquid to create dressing. Adjust acidity with stevia if desired.
- On a large flat platter, arrange beetroot, radishes, and figs, and then scatter pomegranate seeds, microherbs and dollops of goat’s cheese or Labne.
- Drizzle over desired quantity of dressing.
- Fresh raspberries and blackberries are a nice alternative or addition to the figs.
- Coconut yoghurt can be substituted for goats cheese for a dairy free/ vegan alternative.
- Instead using Labne, you could also use 125g Goats chevre or Danish feta
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Nut free
- Vegan option
- Paleo option
- Low fructose/ sugar free
Ingredients: 2 heads broccoli 1 large leek, halved lengthwise, rinsed 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 head garlic, unpeeled 4 cups (1L) chicken or vegetable stock 120g baby spinach leaves 125g sour cream, plus extra to serve Chilli flakes & herbs, such as basil,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations Ingredients: 2 pieces Shimeji mushroom (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Red capsicum (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Zucchini (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Eggplant (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Sweet potato...
Ingredients: 30ml Vegetable oil 1 tin of chopped tomatoes 3 small red onions, 1 sliced, 2 roughly chopped 1 Red Scotch bonnet, finely chopped 100g Tomato paste 2 Tsp curry powder 1 Tsp Thyme, Fresh preferably but dried will also work 2 Bay leaves 1lt Chicken...
Ingredients:For pastry: 225g Plain Flour 100g Butter, unsalted (Make sure it’s really cold!) 4 Tbsp water, chilled For Filling: 250ml Cream 2 Large Eggs 200g Gaunchalie (or bacon) 1 Brown Onion, diced 100g Heritage baby tomatoes (halved) 125g Gruyère cheese 50g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Ocean Spray Ingredients: 400g Venison Loin 1 Carrot chopped 1 Brown onion, diced 1 Bay Leaf 2 Sprigs Rosemary 1 Bulb Garlic 1 Glass Red wine 1 Tbsp Tomato paste 700ml Beef Stock 100g Dark chocolate ...
Ingredients: 100g self raising flour 1 egg 3 tbs sour cream 2 tins corn ½ bunch coriander 1 bunch spring onions 2 avocados 1 shallot 1 long red chilli 2 limes Method: n a mixing bowl, combine your egg, the tinned corn, ½ a shallot, sour cream and flour together,...