Fruit, Beets and Radish SaladElena Duggan
- 1 med beetroot, peeled and finely shaved
- 2 med Target beetroots, peeled and finely shaved
- 4 med radishes, finely shaved
- 5 medium figs, quartered
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only
- 50g Pink and purple microherbs (radish/ purple basil/ red kale/ red garnet/ sorrel)
- Homemade Labne
- 100g EVOO, Australian
- 75g Red wine or raspberry vinegar
- White pepper, to taste
- Murray River salt, to taste
- Stevia optional
- Hazelnuts toasted and roughly chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine vinegar, pepper and salt and toss beetroot through gently, set aside to soften, pickle and gently marinate for up to 30 minutes.
- Drain the beetroot but reserve liquid. Whisk olive oil through remaining liquid to create dressing. Adjust acidity with stevia if desired.
- On a large flat platter, arrange beetroot, radishes, and figs, and then scatter pomegranate seeds, microherbs and dollops of goat’s cheese or Labne.
- Drizzle over desired quantity of dressing.
- Fresh raspberries and blackberries are a nice alternative or addition to the figs.
- Coconut yoghurt can be substituted for goats cheese for a dairy free/ vegan alternative.
- Instead using Labne, you could also use 125g Goats chevre or Danish feta
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Nut free
- Vegan option
- Paleo option
- Low fructose/ sugar free
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...