Gado Gado SaladLaura Sharrad
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled, shelled and sliced into quarters
- 400g potatoes, washed
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 150g purple cabbage, shredded
- 150g bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 300g fried firm tofu, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp galangal, finely grated
- 3 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 150ml boiling water
- 3 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce Kecap Manis
- 280g crunchy peanut butter
- 1-2 tsp fish sauce
- 5 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, julienned
- 15g coriander leaves, for garnish
- Place potatoes into a microwaveable bowl and microwave for 8 to 10 mins, until softened. Set aside to cool, then cut into batons.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil then blanch carrots for 30 secs. Blanch cabbage and bean sprouts for 10 secs. Drain vegetables and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan over high heat then stir in garlic, onion, galangal and chilli. Cook until fragrant.
- Reduce heat, add water and gradually stir in ABC Sweet Soy Sauce Kecap Manis, peanut butter, fish sauce and kaffir lime leaves until well combined to make peanut sauce.
- Arrange potatoes, carrots, cabbage, bean sprouts, eggs, tofu and cucumber on a serving plate. Drizzle with peanut sauce and garnish with coriander leaves.