Gnocchi with PestoLaura Sharrad
- 1kg royal blue potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 250g 00 flour
- 200g picked basil leaves
- 80g pine nuts
- 50g grated parmigiano reggiano
- 250ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- Sea salt flakes
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Add all your ingredients into either a small food processor or a jug with a barmaid and blitz until smooth, combined and almost creamy like in texture.
- For the Gnocchi, peel and quarter potatoes. Boil in salted water until tender then drain in a colander and allow potatoes to steam and dry slightly. Press potatoes through a fine drum sieve into a large bowl.
- Add flour and salt and mix gently to form a dough.
- Roll the dough into 2cm thick logs and cut into 2cm pieces.
- Roll each piece across on wooden ridged gnocchi board, or back of a fork.
- Cook your gnocchi in salted boiling water until they float, add to a fry pan with a ladle of cooking water and enough pesto to coat the gnocchi, toss to combine and serve with extra parmigiana cheese on top.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Vermentino.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...