Gnocchi with PestoLaura Sharrad
- 1kg royal blue potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 250g 00 flour
- 200g picked basil leaves
- 80g pine nuts
- 50g grated parmigiano reggiano
- 250ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- Sea salt flakes
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Add all your ingredients into either a small food processor or a jug with a barmaid and blitz until smooth, combined and almost creamy like in texture.
- For the Gnocchi, peel and quarter potatoes. Boil in salted water until tender then drain in a colander and allow potatoes to steam and dry slightly. Press potatoes through a fine drum sieve into a large bowl.
- Add flour and salt and mix gently to form a dough.
- Roll the dough into 2cm thick logs and cut into 2cm pieces.
- Roll each piece across on wooden ridged gnocchi board, or back of a fork.
- Cook your gnocchi in salted boiling water until they float, add to a fry pan with a ladle of cooking water and enough pesto to coat the gnocchi, toss to combine and serve with extra parmigiana cheese on top.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Vermentino.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...