Gnocchi with PestoLaura Sharrad
- 1kg royal blue potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 250g 00 flour
- 200g picked basil leaves
- 80g pine nuts
- 50g grated parmigiano reggiano
- 250ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- Sea salt flakes
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Add all your ingredients into either a small food processor or a jug with a barmaid and blitz until smooth, combined and almost creamy like in texture.
- For the Gnocchi, peel and quarter potatoes. Boil in salted water until tender then drain in a colander and allow potatoes to steam and dry slightly. Press potatoes through a fine drum sieve into a large bowl.
- Add flour and salt and mix gently to form a dough.
- Roll the dough into 2cm thick logs and cut into 2cm pieces.
- Roll each piece across on wooden ridged gnocchi board, or back of a fork.
- Cook your gnocchi in salted boiling water until they float, add to a fry pan with a ladle of cooking water and enough pesto to coat the gnocchi, toss to combine and serve with extra parmigiana cheese on top.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Vermentino.
Ingredients: 2 cup caster sugar 2 cups soy sauce 1 cup shao-hsing wine 3L water 2 inch piece ginger 8 cloves garlic 6 spring onions, 5cm batons 8 star anise 8 coriander seeds 4 cinnamon quills 4 cloves 2 pork trotters Method: Place an even layer of sugar in a large...
Ingredients: 2 cups of black-eyed beans 1 bunch of English spinach (or baby spinach, if preferred), Roughly chopped and thoroughly washed 6 spring onions, finely chopped 1 onion, sliced 1/2 cup of olive oil 1 tbsp white wine vinegar juice of 1 lemon a few sprigs of...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes and Big4 Holiday Parks Assortment of Sausages 100ml Mayonnaise ½ bulb of roasted black garlic ½ lemon juiced Long metal skewers Method: Grill your sausages on your bbq until...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian InspirationsSalmon: 200g Fresh Australian salmon, skin on, pin bones removed 50ml Vegetable oil Miso Glaze: 50g White miso paste 50ml Obento Mirin Seasoning 50g Sugar Togarashi Crackers: 1 each...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 brown onion, finely grated 2 cloves garlic, finely grated 1g saffron threads 400g Arborio Rice ½ cup dry white wine 1.5 Litres Vegetable stock 50g unsalted butter 125g parmesan, finely grated Method:...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...