Grape & Thyme FocacciaLaura Sharrad
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh
- 500g plain flour
- 350g tepid water
- 4g instant yeast
- 20g extra virgin olive oil
- 10g salt, plus extra for garnish
- 1 bunch Perfection Fresh ‘Adora’ Grapes
- ½ bunch thyme
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, water, yeast, oil and salt until a dough is formed.
- Tip the dough onto a lightly floured bench and begin to knead and stretch the dough by gently pulling the ends toward you and folding over onto itself.
- Leave to rest for 15 minutes, then repeat the folding procedure. Rest and fold the dough two more times, then leave to rest until doubled inside, or for the best result leave in the fridge overnight to prove slowly.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Once risen, gently transfer into a well-oiled 25-30cm baking dish then begin to gently spread the dough into all corners of the tray.
- Gently make divots into the dough with the tips of your fingers, then stud your grapes into the dough (roughly 30 grapes for this size). Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, salt and freshly picked thyme.
- Place in the oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until golden and focaccia has cooked through.