Green Garganelli with Braised GreensLaura Sharrad
- 1 bunch cavolo nero, stalks removed & finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 long red chilli, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 50g butter
- 100g grated parmigiano cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt flakes
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 00 flour 400g
- Semolina 40g
- Eggs 170g
- Green puree 70
- Olive oil 10g
- Sea salt flakes 10g
- Bring a large pot of salted boiling water to the boil.
- Combine all ingredients in a stand mixer or processor to make your dough. Rest your dough for at least half an hour before rolling out. Roll your pasta & laminate three times, rolling from the thickest setting to the thinest. Cut your squares – then begin to roll them on your rigamonti or desired surface using a wooden rod to get your cylinder-like shape.
- Cook your pasta in the salted boiling water for 2 minutes, or until al dente in texture.
- In a large fry pan, add a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and begin to fry off the onion, garlic, chilli and anchovies. Once the sofrito base has softened, add in the braised greens and begin to gently fry off – then deglaze with the white wine and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add a ladle of cooking water to help loosen the sauce, add the cooked pasta, the butter and a good handful of the grated parmigiano cheese and toss to emulsify until thick and glossy.
- Serve with extra parmigiano cheese grated over the top.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Grigio.
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...