Green Garganelli with Braised GreensLaura Sharrad
- 1 bunch cavolo nero, stalks removed & finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 long red chilli, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 50g butter
- 100g grated parmigiano cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt flakes
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 00 flour 400g
- Semolina 40g
- Eggs 170g
- Green puree 70
- Olive oil 10g
- Sea salt flakes 10g
- Bring a large pot of salted boiling water to the boil.
- Combine all ingredients in a stand mixer or processor to make your dough. Rest your dough for at least half an hour before rolling out. Roll your pasta & laminate three times, rolling from the thickest setting to the thinest. Cut your squares – then begin to roll them on your rigamonti or desired surface using a wooden rod to get your cylinder-like shape.
- Cook your pasta in the salted boiling water for 2 minutes, or until al dente in texture.
- In a large fry pan, add a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and begin to fry off the onion, garlic, chilli and anchovies. Once the sofrito base has softened, add in the braised greens and begin to gently fry off – then deglaze with the white wine and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add a ladle of cooking water to help loosen the sauce, add the cooked pasta, the butter and a good handful of the grated parmigiano cheese and toss to emulsify until thick and glossy.
- Serve with extra parmigiano cheese grated over the top.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Grigio.
Ingredients: 500g fresh broad beans, in their pods 3–4 small fennel bulbs 250g frozen peas, thawed and rinsed 1 red onion, finely sliced 1 cup dill, finely chopped 1⁄2 bunch mint, finely chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish 1⁄2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes Romesco Sauce: 4 large red peppers 2 garlic cloves 150g ground almonds 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil 100ml extra virgin olive oil 20ml apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp smoked paprika 1...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 1 cup Vegetable oil 4 eggs 3 lap cheong sausages, thinly sliced 2 Tbsp XO Sauce 100gm cherry tomatoes, halved ½ red onion, thinly sliced 1 green chilli, thinly sliced ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped Method: Heat oil in a wok over a...
Ingredients: ½ cup dried scallops ½ cup dried shrimp 300ml Shaoxing wine 6 long red chillies, roughly chopped 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped 1 head garlic (10-12 cloves), peeled, roughly chopped 2 large red shallots, roughly chopped 1 large rasher bacon,...
Ingredients: Filling: 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely 500g ricotta 1 egg 50g grated parmigiano cheese Sea salt Freshly cracked black pepper 1/3 nutmeg grated Sugo: 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 long red...
Ingredients: 100g butter 200g finely grated pecorino cheese Salt Black pepper, freshly ground Pasta Dough: 100g semolina flour 100g plain flour 80ml - 100ml water Pinch of salt Method: Make the pasta dough and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Cut the dough into long...