Green Garganelli with Braised GreensLaura Sharrad
- 1 bunch cavolo nero, stalks removed & finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 long red chilli, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 50g butter
- 100g grated parmigiano cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt flakes
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 00 flour 400g
- Semolina 40g
- Eggs 170g
- Green puree 70
- Olive oil 10g
- Sea salt flakes 10g
- Bring a large pot of salted boiling water to the boil.
- Combine all ingredients in a stand mixer or processor to make your dough. Rest your dough for at least half an hour before rolling out. Roll your pasta & laminate three times, rolling from the thickest setting to the thinest. Cut your squares – then begin to roll them on your rigamonti or desired surface using a wooden rod to get your cylinder-like shape.
- Cook your pasta in the salted boiling water for 2 minutes, or until al dente in texture.
- In a large fry pan, add a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and begin to fry off the onion, garlic, chilli and anchovies. Once the sofrito base has softened, add in the braised greens and begin to gently fry off – then deglaze with the white wine and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add a ladle of cooking water to help loosen the sauce, add the cooked pasta, the butter and a good handful of the grated parmigiano cheese and toss to emulsify until thick and glossy.
- Serve with extra parmigiano cheese grated over the top.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Grigio.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...