Green Papaya and Spicy Prawn SaladKhanh Ong
- 2 birds eye chilli finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp of lime juice
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 300g prawns peeled and deveined
- 1 medium green papaya shredded
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 2 shallots thinly sliced
- 1 long red chili
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice and zest of the lime
- 100g grape tomatoes
- 1⁄2 a packed cup of thai basil
- 1⁄2 a packed cup of coriander
- 1⁄2 a packed cup of mint
- 1 tbsp crushed roasted peanuts
- 2 tsp fried shallots
- Lime wedge
- Combine birdseye chilli, garlic, lime juice, peanut oil and prawns.
- In a hot pan cook the prawns until beautiful and orange about 2-3 minutes each side.
- In a large mixing bowl add the papaya and prawns.
- In a mortar and pestle pound palm sugar, shallots, long red chili until a rough paste forms, add fish sauce and lime.
- Add in grape tomatoes and bruise them gentle.
- Pour over the mixing bowl and add the herbs.
- Toss well and top with peanuts and fried shallots.
Ingredients: 1.5 kg green beans 3 potatoes 1 can of crushed tomatoes 1 tbsp tomato paste 2 onions, chopped 1 cup of olive oil 3 cups of Massel stock 1 cup of parsley finely chopped 1 tbsp sweet paprika Salt Pepper Method: Slice the tops off the green beans and string...
Ingredients: 500gm macaroni pasta 1 cup diced tomato Cheese sauce 500g monterey jack cheese 500ml cream 500ml milk 160gm butter 100gm flour 500ml beer Chilli flakes Salt and pepper 3/4 cup bread crumbs 2 tbsp melted butter 2 spring onion finely sliced Method: Cheese...
Ingredients: Serves 4 Hummus 1 Australian beetroot 4 Australian chestnuts 1 tin chickpeas 2 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Freshly squeezed juice from 1 ½ Australian lemons 1 clove Australian garlic 2 tbsp unhulled tahini ½ tsp cumin Pinch sea salt Cracked...
Ingredients: 4× 150g veal rib-eye steaks 4 cups cornflakes 100g parmesan, finely grated 1 cup plain flour 1 egg 200ml milk 100g butter 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sunflower oil 12 sage leaves 8 anchovy fillets Bunch of wild rocket, to garnish Salsa 1 large red capsicum 2 ripe...
Ingredients: Ribeye steak Salt Pepper 100g butter, softened 1 orange, zest 1 tsp thyme 50g hazelnuts, roasted 80g Blue cheese Method: Liberally season your steak with salt and pepper and cook to your liking, turning regularly. Rest for half of the cook time. Combine...
Ingredients: 1 cob loaf or similar loaf round or oval Antipasti Grilled and marinated eggplant Grilled and peeled red peppers Marinated Artichokes Stuffed pepperoncini Pitted olives Mozzarella slices Swiss cheese Salami Mortadella Rocket Spinach Pesto Method: Cut the...