Green Papaya and Spicy Prawn SaladKhanh Ong
- 2 birds eye chilli finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp of lime juice
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 300g prawns peeled and deveined
- 1 medium green papaya shredded
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 2 shallots thinly sliced
- 1 long red chili
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice and zest of the lime
- 100g grape tomatoes
- 1⁄2 a packed cup of thai basil
- 1⁄2 a packed cup of coriander
- 1⁄2 a packed cup of mint
- 1 tbsp crushed roasted peanuts
- 2 tsp fried shallots
- Lime wedge
- Combine birdseye chilli, garlic, lime juice, peanut oil and prawns.
- In a hot pan cook the prawns until beautiful and orange about 2-3 minutes each side.
- In a large mixing bowl add the papaya and prawns.
- In a mortar and pestle pound palm sugar, shallots, long red chili until a rough paste forms, add fish sauce and lime.
- Add in grape tomatoes and bruise them gentle.
- Pour over the mixing bowl and add the herbs.
- Toss well and top with peanuts and fried shallots.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...