Grilled Cos, Almonds Chilli and OrangeTobie Puttock
- 2 heads cos lettuce, cut in half lengthways
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of dried chili
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1/4 cup almonds, slightly crushed
- Preheat an oven or grill plate to medium/ high.
- Use a pastry brush (or fingers) to cover the surface of the lettuce with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and then season with salt and pepper.
- Place the lettuce cut side down on the grill/ BBQ. Cook the lettuce for 2-3 minutes, flip and cook for a further two minutes.
- While the cos is cooking, whisk together the orange dressing ingredients.
- Serve the cos with the almonds and a drizzle of dressing.
- Use a spatula to transfer the lettuce and the lemon to a serving plate and drizzle with remaining olive oil, a pinch of dried chili and the crushed almonds.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Vermentino.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...