Grilled Cos, Almonds Chilli and OrangeTobie Puttock
- 2 heads cos lettuce, cut in half lengthways
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of dried chili
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1/4 cup almonds, slightly crushed
- Preheat an oven or grill plate to medium/ high.
- Use a pastry brush (or fingers) to cover the surface of the lettuce with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and then season with salt and pepper.
- Place the lettuce cut side down on the grill/ BBQ. Cook the lettuce for 2-3 minutes, flip and cook for a further two minutes.
- While the cos is cooking, whisk together the orange dressing ingredients.
- Serve the cos with the almonds and a drizzle of dressing.
- Use a spatula to transfer the lettuce and the lemon to a serving plate and drizzle with remaining olive oil, a pinch of dried chili and the crushed almonds.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Vermentino.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...