Grilled Cos, Almonds Chilli and OrangeTobie Puttock
- 2 heads cos lettuce, cut in half lengthways
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of dried chili
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1/4 cup almonds, slightly crushed
- Preheat an oven or grill plate to medium/ high.
- Use a pastry brush (or fingers) to cover the surface of the lettuce with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and then season with salt and pepper.
- Place the lettuce cut side down on the grill/ BBQ. Cook the lettuce for 2-3 minutes, flip and cook for a further two minutes.
- While the cos is cooking, whisk together the orange dressing ingredients.
- Serve the cos with the almonds and a drizzle of dressing.
- Use a spatula to transfer the lettuce and the lemon to a serving plate and drizzle with remaining olive oil, a pinch of dried chili and the crushed almonds.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Vermentino.
Ingredients: 500g fresh broad beans, in their pods 3–4 small fennel bulbs 250g frozen peas, thawed and rinsed 1 red onion, finely sliced 1 cup dill, finely chopped 1⁄2 bunch mint, finely chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish 1⁄2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes Romesco Sauce: 4 large red peppers 2 garlic cloves 150g ground almonds 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil 100ml extra virgin olive oil 20ml apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp smoked paprika 1...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 1 cup Vegetable oil 4 eggs 3 lap cheong sausages, thinly sliced 2 Tbsp XO Sauce 100gm cherry tomatoes, halved ½ red onion, thinly sliced 1 green chilli, thinly sliced ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped Method: Heat oil in a wok over a...
Ingredients: ½ cup dried scallops ½ cup dried shrimp 300ml Shaoxing wine 6 long red chillies, roughly chopped 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped 1 head garlic (10-12 cloves), peeled, roughly chopped 2 large red shallots, roughly chopped 1 large rasher bacon,...
Ingredients: Filling: 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely 500g ricotta 1 egg 50g grated parmigiano cheese Sea salt Freshly cracked black pepper 1/3 nutmeg grated Sugo: 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 long red...
Ingredients: 100g butter 200g finely grated pecorino cheese Salt Black pepper, freshly ground Pasta Dough: 100g semolina flour 100g plain flour 80ml - 100ml water Pinch of salt Method: Make the pasta dough and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Cut the dough into long...