Grilled Cos, Almonds Chilli and OrangeTobie Puttock
- 2 heads cos lettuce, cut in half lengthways
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of dried chili
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1/4 cup almonds, slightly crushed
- Preheat an oven or grill plate to medium/ high.
- Use a pastry brush (or fingers) to cover the surface of the lettuce with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and then season with salt and pepper.
- Place the lettuce cut side down on the grill/ BBQ. Cook the lettuce for 2-3 minutes, flip and cook for a further two minutes.
- While the cos is cooking, whisk together the orange dressing ingredients.
- Serve the cos with the almonds and a drizzle of dressing.
- Use a spatula to transfer the lettuce and the lemon to a serving plate and drizzle with remaining olive oil, a pinch of dried chili and the crushed almonds.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Vermentino.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...