Grilled Octopus, Burnt Aubergine and HarissaMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Supreme Caravans
- 80g Octopus
- 50g Burnt Aubergine
- 10ml Nduja glaze
- 1 Thick slice white sourdough toast
- 10g butter, salted
- 300g Octopus, cleaned
- 2 limes, zested and sliced
- 2 Birdseye chilli, cut in half
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 kaffir lime leaf
- 20g ginger
- 50g Spanish onion, sliced
- 50ml Early harvest olive oil
- Sea Salt
- 100g Nduja paste
- 30g dark soft brown sugar
- 20ml rice vinegar
- 1 Aubergine (Egg plant)
- 1tsp cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ lime juiced
- 75ml Olive oil
- Add all ingredients except for the octopus into a pot of water and bring to the boil. Once boiling add your octopus bring back to the boil and then reduce to a simmer
- Cook until tender, it should take about 25 to 30 minutes. Once cooked take out a chill until needed
- Over a medium heat reduce down all the ingredients. You are looking for the consistency of a maple syrup for your glaze
- Cut your eggplants in half lengthways before scoring the flesh of your eggplant with your knife lightly. Then rub in the olive oil and spices and season generously with salt
- Grill over fire, start of first on the flesh side and cook for about 5 minutes before turning it over and cooking the rest of the way on the skin side for a further 20 minutes over a medium heat
- To finish toast your bread butter it generously and top with your eggplant, octopus and glaze
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Vermentino.
Ingredients: 500g fresh broad beans, in their pods 3–4 small fennel bulbs 250g frozen peas, thawed and rinsed 1 red onion, finely sliced 1 cup dill, finely chopped 1⁄2 bunch mint, finely chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish 1⁄2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes Romesco Sauce: 4 large red peppers 2 garlic cloves 150g ground almonds 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil 100ml extra virgin olive oil 20ml apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp smoked paprika 1...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 1 cup Vegetable oil 4 eggs 3 lap cheong sausages, thinly sliced 2 Tbsp XO Sauce 100gm cherry tomatoes, halved ½ red onion, thinly sliced 1 green chilli, thinly sliced ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped Method: Heat oil in a wok over a...
Ingredients: ½ cup dried scallops ½ cup dried shrimp 300ml Shaoxing wine 6 long red chillies, roughly chopped 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped 1 head garlic (10-12 cloves), peeled, roughly chopped 2 large red shallots, roughly chopped 1 large rasher bacon,...
Ingredients: Filling: 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely 500g ricotta 1 egg 50g grated parmigiano cheese Sea salt Freshly cracked black pepper 1/3 nutmeg grated Sugo: 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 long red...
Ingredients: 100g butter 200g finely grated pecorino cheese Salt Black pepper, freshly ground Pasta Dough: 100g semolina flour 100g plain flour 80ml - 100ml water Pinch of salt Method: Make the pasta dough and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Cut the dough into long...