Grilled Octopus, Burnt Aubergine and HarissaMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Supreme Caravans
- 80g Octopus
- 50g Burnt Aubergine
- 10ml Nduja glaze
- 1 Thick slice white sourdough toast
- 10g butter, salted
- 300g Octopus, cleaned
- 2 limes, zested and sliced
- 2 Birdseye chilli, cut in half
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 kaffir lime leaf
- 20g ginger
- 50g Spanish onion, sliced
- 50ml Early harvest olive oil
- Sea Salt
- 100g Nduja paste
- 30g dark soft brown sugar
- 20ml rice vinegar
- 1 Aubergine (Egg plant)
- 1tsp cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ lime juiced
- 75ml Olive oil
- Add all ingredients except for the octopus into a pot of water and bring to the boil. Once boiling add your octopus bring back to the boil and then reduce to a simmer
- Cook until tender, it should take about 25 to 30 minutes. Once cooked take out a chill until needed
- Over a medium heat reduce down all the ingredients. You are looking for the consistency of a maple syrup for your glaze
- Cut your eggplants in half lengthways before scoring the flesh of your eggplant with your knife lightly. Then rub in the olive oil and spices and season generously with salt
- Grill over fire, start of first on the flesh side and cook for about 5 minutes before turning it over and cooking the rest of the way on the skin side for a further 20 minutes over a medium heat
- To finish toast your bread butter it generously and top with your eggplant, octopus and glaze
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Vermentino.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...