Grilled Octopus, Burnt Aubergine and HarissaMike Reid
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Supreme Caravans
- 80g Octopus
- 50g Burnt Aubergine
- 10ml Nduja glaze
- 1 Thick slice white sourdough toast
- 10g butter, salted
- 300g Octopus, cleaned
- 2 limes, zested and sliced
- 2 Birdseye chilli, cut in half
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 kaffir lime leaf
- 20g ginger
- 50g Spanish onion, sliced
- 50ml Early harvest olive oil
- Sea Salt
- 100g Nduja paste
- 30g dark soft brown sugar
- 20ml rice vinegar
- 1 Aubergine (Egg plant)
- 1tsp cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ lime juiced
- 75ml Olive oil
- Add all ingredients except for the octopus into a pot of water and bring to the boil. Once boiling add your octopus bring back to the boil and then reduce to a simmer
- Cook until tender, it should take about 25 to 30 minutes. Once cooked take out a chill until needed
- Over a medium heat reduce down all the ingredients. You are looking for the consistency of a maple syrup for your glaze
- Cut your eggplants in half lengthways before scoring the flesh of your eggplant with your knife lightly. Then rub in the olive oil and spices and season generously with salt
- Grill over fire, start of first on the flesh side and cook for about 5 minutes before turning it over and cooking the rest of the way on the skin side for a further 20 minutes over a medium heat
- To finish toast your bread butter it generously and top with your eggplant, octopus and glaze
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Vermentino.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...