Grilled Zucchini, Crème Fraiche & Salsa VerdeMike Reid
- 5 regular zucchinis
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300ml crème fraîche
- 3 limes, roasted and juiced
For Salsa Verde
- 1½-2 cloves garlic
- 2 big handfuls of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 1 handful of fresh mint
- 1 small handful of capers
- 1 small handful of gherkins, in sweet vinegar
- 6 quality anchovy fillets
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Roast your limes in the oven for 20 mins at 200 degrees.
- Cut your zucchinis in half and place them on the grill, coat in olive oil & salt. Grill until the zucchinis are tender and charred.
- Peel the garlic and pick the herb leaves.
- Finely chop on a large board with the capers, gherkins and anchovies.
- Place in a bowl, add the mustard, roasted lime juice and vinegar, then slowly stir in the oil until you achieve the right consistency. Season to taste.
- It’s time to plate up – start with a base of creme fraiche, pile up your zucchinis and then dress with your salsa verde.